Skip to content

Sites being posted to are not relevant keywords & categories

Postings are being put on sites that have absolutely no
relevance to the ‘Keywords’ and ‘Categories’ that I have set up.
Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

‘Keywords’ are
all to do with music, weddings and string quartets. ‘
Categories’ are things like ‘Arts & Entertainment’, Music,
Weddings, marriage, *music* etc. ‘
Search
engines’
are selected to just the major UK engines. ‘Skip ban words’ is selected. ‘Avoid
posting to sites with just IP and no domain’
is selected. All text is very
precise and relevant to the subject.

I have run separate projects for each of the following:
Article; Social Bookmarks & Social Networks; Web 2.0 only ticking those in
dark green (i.e. Keyword related target sites).

In every case postings have been to completely irrelevant
sites such as agriculture, gambling, mathematics, science. I am not wanting high
volumes of links only very high relevance. How can I set the software to post to only relevant locations?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You can enable the option to make sure one of your keywords is present on the website, in the URL, etc. 

If you click on the blue text that says, "visible text on site" it can change to other options.
  • Thanks for that. It helps to some extent, but still problems. I'm not clear how SER is handling the 'At least x keywords must be present on'. I have keywords has 'Put keywords in quotes when used in search queries' ticked and selected 'visible text on site'. If the Keywords words are for example :

weight loss, weight reduction, slimming (not the words I am using, just a simple example)

Then does entering 'at least 1' accept 'weight loss' or 'weight reduction' or 'slimming' OR does it accept single words like 'weight' or 'reduction'? It seems to be the latter, which is odd.

If I select 'at least 2' does it then accept for example 'weight loss' and 'slimming' OR does it take single words and accept 'loss' and 'reduction', (a very different meaning). Again it seems to be the latter, but am I mistaken.

Unless it treats 'Keywords' as meaning the phrase between commas, then it seems to make it impossible to select suitable sites effectively. There will always be lots of anomalies. Am I right or am still doing something wrong?