Skip to content

V9.61 won't export larger projects. Crashes.

@Sven,

Not sure what is causing this, I'm trying to export some projects (the ones highlighted) and I'm doing it as "selected projects" and "one large file". If I do small, 8K link projects, it works, but the larger exports cause SER to either not respond, or simply throw this error up.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It's probably a problem of the amount you try to backup (there is no export). The size might be just too big for doing this.
  • Sorry, I meant backup.

I know the screenshot makes the amount difficult to calculate, but the total link count is far less than 500K.

I'm routinely running this setup and have backed up projects containing 1-2 million links without a hitch.

I've never once come across this error in nearly 2 years of using SER, which leads me to think something is wrong.

Is there anything I can send you to help?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Have a look into the folder of the projects. Maybe some file is exterordenary big.
  • I took a look inside the folder, not too sure what constitutes extraordinarily larger since I'm not in there that often.

I sorted the folder by size, here is what the largest files are:

The only workaround I have found it to take all the files and transfer them via DropBox so that I can get the project running on another machine.

I can't imagine these files sizes seem that big, there aren't that many links in the projects.

Question: Does target URL cache get transferred with a backup? Could a large amount of cached target URL's cause SER to crash like this?

Does that sound possible?

• @Sven,

That's the problem, I had roughly 1.3 million targets in the Target URL cache and a project folder size of 12.xGB,

Once I delete the Target URL cache the folder size went to 301MB and the backup was done in under 30 seconds.

All sorted out.

Thanks!