Skip to content

Find Proxies on line doesn't work on one installation but does on another

SER was originally installed on Login1 of the PC. Everything works including Proxy list 'Find online'. I now need to run SER on Login2 of the same PC instead. With SER open only on Login2 everything works EXCEPT Proxy list 'Find online'. It gives:

searching for new proxies....

- [end ]--------

No proxies found.

I can add private proxies OK and it runs with them, it is just the searching for public proxies that doesn't work. Anyone any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    maybe no proxy provider is checked in the list?
  • You've pointed me the right way thanks. When I looked at the Proxy Finder dialog, there were no proxy sites showing at all for Logon2 ie box was empty. Also the proxyfinder.ini in AppData/Roaming was 1KB, whereas the version in Logon1 was 32KB. I copied proxyfinder.ini from Logon1 to Logon2 and it now works.  

Also default_proxyfinder.ini was missing in Logon2, which I've also copied across from Logon1.

Logon1 is an Admin and Logon2 a Standard User. When I update, I have done it on Logon1. Is that the problem. Is it not possible to have a copy of the program on more than 1 logon? (Only one copy is run at any one time)