Skip to content

Import URLs option strips PR

Hi,
I've got some problem importing URLs.
Import URLs (identify platform and sort in) > From file Doesn't add any URLs when URL|PR imported
I tried to add the same URLs from clipboard but all the URLs are stripped from PR except the |N/A 
 I also tried to import the same .txt file directly to a project but all the URLs have extra space between the characters and no PR attached
It works well if I import it from clipboard though so I might use a wrong file format. However it's a standard .txt directly exported from Scrapebox.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats not really any sort of correct format. As you see it is a file with unicode UTF16 or something. Make it a ansii one and import again.
  • Thanks for your help! I copied the text and pasted to a new .txt file which allowed it to import the file with PR to the projects.
    However the global import at Options > Tools > Import URLs(Identify platforms and sort in) still strips all the PR data except the |N/A even if I import from clipboard. Not entirely sure if this option supports URL|PR though. Could you confirm if it does please. Thanks
    just checked the source and it should import the PR correctly when the format is URL|PR where PR is just a number between 0 and 9
  • Thanks for looking it up for me! In this case I'm stuck with this because it doesn't work for me. Or at least I can't see if it does. I import this through options>tools>Import URLs(identify platforms...) either from a file or clipboard:
    and this is the saved file results:

Do you have the option enabled to save the PR within site lists?
  • No, but please note that some of the URLs have |N/A attached in the second file. So it exports some data.
     I enabled the option but it didn't change anything. Until I realized I always tick the option Save to custom file in the Search settings window. When I didn't tick the option and enabled the save the PR within site lists it worked perfectly. 
    Thanks for your help!
    oh saving in a custom file is indeed not adding the PR. And N/A as PR is not recognised.