Skip to content

Automatically export verified URLs - Not working

Recently, I noticed that with the latest updates SER (do not know exactly which update - v9.54 or earlier) option "Automatically export verified URLs" does not work - do not send links to indicated by my txt file. I'm using the latest version (v9.54)
When the project is running, for the first time a txt file is created, and later from time to time file is overwritten, but the  file is still empty (of course in the meantime project  verifies another submitted links).

In the option I choose:
 - Export only DowFollow? - NO
 - External Links Filter - CANCEL (btw. which filters can I use? Can I ask for some examples please, because I did not find any tutorial about it)
 - Append content to this file or overwrite it? - OVERWRITE
@Sven, can You help me with this?
PS. In earlier versions of SER (when there were no new additional options) Automatically
export verified URLs
work correctly.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    found a bug here and will fix it. also the filter is explained better then.
  • Hey @Sven, after the last update option "Automatically export verified URLs" still does not work properly.
    I'm using the latest version (v9.59)
    A txt file is created,
    and later from time to time file is overwritten, but the file is still
    empty.
    do you write to that file from multiple projects?
  • No, every single project has own txt file.
    For example: when 5 projects is running - 5 separate txt files is overwritten (but all the files are still empty)
    strange. Is that file actually writeable and the program has enough rights to save there? I just debugged this and can't find any issue.
  • Hi @sven,
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but I've got the exact same issue. 
    There are some older projects which were set to append and those exporting fine. However, the newly created ones aren't exporting. Doesn't matter if I set to append or overwrite. They create the file and saving to the file regularly but the file is empty.
    No idea if it matters or not but I've noticed the new files are encoded as ANSI and the old ones are UTF-8
    the encoding should be the same all the time. It should export just fine as well. Are you exporting all to one file or all to an own one? Make sure you have access rights saving there.
  • Hi @Sven,
    Sorry for bugging you with this but it doesn't work for me as it should. I've been testing it for some time now but the the overwrite function doesn't work for me.
    SER creates the empty file when I set the "Export automatically" function up. This file is an empty ANSI file.
    It gets updated when the project active but SER keeps overwriting the file with nothing.
    If I set a file with links in it here it gets wiped clean. So I guess SER has no problem with access rights.

Append function works as it should. (I think I was a bit impatient with it before). These files show up as UTF-8 w/o BOM

All projects have their own file.

I can not find any bug here really. Can you maybe send the project backup?
  • Last update works great! Thanks!
    Indeed I found the issue from @TheGypsy's project backup debugging.