Skip to content

SER v9.54 Very High CPU Usage

Since this update my SER installation is consuming an awful lot of CPU resources with 1/3rd the no. of threads running and it is choking my VPS.

Before that I had set to run 300 threads with lowering the threads at over 40% CPU usage since I also run Captcha breaker and SEO Indexer.

Now I am struggling to run 100 threads. What can be the reason behind this ?

Comments

• I'm also noticing this but RAM is taken up. My servers are very powerful but things do start to bottleneck at 3.4GB RAM, it's only at 3% CPU. I haven't changed anything in the last week or so, and it was running at 1-1.5RAM
  • I just imported a large verified list of 285K + in 3 diff projects and these are verifying projects to test the verification rate and for refinement.

I am not sure it that is cause high CPU usage.
  • Yeah it probably will be that dude. I once tried a 2ml list and the world ended. True story.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @JudderMan - ROFL.

@kashifM - I noticed it too. My RAM went as high as 2.5GB (are you kidding me?!?) and my CPU was always over 95%. The RDP sessions to the server were always freezing up on me. I noticed this while processing a verified list (no direct import like you). Anyway, I switched back to v9.46. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    And 9.53 was ok? I haven't changed much that could influence this really. 
  • @sven
    v9.53 ran without any issues. Does importing close to 300K verified links to several projects externally make the CPU work extra hard or work the same as if the targets are fetched from global lists.

Since the import and update to v9.54, I am experiencing continuous temporary freeze ups for both SER and CB.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    please recheck with previous version link, I really have not changed much that would influence such things. All I did was bug fixing and improve of script files.
  • @Sven
    Just to update that I kept using the v9.54 and as soon as the imported lists URLS were completely processed/submitted, the  CPU utilization returned back to normal  and now am running 250 treads without any issues with 10+ projects running.

Lesson learned : Importing large list as direct URL import will raise CPU usage to the max. Better to import as global site list and then process.

P.S. I have 2 Xeon Cores @ 2.0GHz