Skip to content

Hitting Web2.0's that have subdomains vs subdirectories

The title might not correctly explain it. Many of  my Tier1 s are on subdomains of Web2.0s. For example:

and some are subdirectories like this:

Normally I have been hitting my tier2 and tier3 web2.0s with the kitchen sink under the belief that they are large sites and they can handle the spam and the tiers won't be penalized or deindexed. Is this wrong? Does Google consider the subdomains to be a different website when it comes to links? Should I stop throwing the kitchen sink at them and be more selective?

Comments

• Can someone pls answer this.....I have the same q.
  • Your web 2.0 is its own site, you wouldn't want to pump kitchen sink directly at it- you still need to take precautions and use only higher quality engines. 
  • thanks for the quick reply. How much is too much with SER. I mean approx how many verified links per day till google starts viewing it as spam for subdomains. 
  • Really depends on what sort of backlink profile you already have...
  • also wanted to ask if a new web2 subdomain is considered a seperate site...then that means its DA & PA is 0. Will the DA of the main web2 not influence the subdomain. Does google completely ignore the DA of the root domain? how will I check the DA of the subdomain since moz will always show the DA of the root domain?
  • Are there any web2 sites which have subdirectory instead of subdomains?
  • no, you still have the DA of the original site i.e. rebelmouse.com, but your PA is going to be 0.