Skip to content

100% CPU Utilization for GSA SER

It used to work fine but lately As soon as i start my projects it goes to 100% CPU utilization which hangs the server. Even if I manage to stop the projects then it stays like that using 100% CPU.

What is wrong
See screenshot. I stopped all campaigns but it is still using 100% CPU.

Comments

• Does this happen even after you've restarted SER?
  • Yes. When I restart the program it is ok. But when you hit the start button and start the campaigns it shoots up to 100 %. I tried only with some threads like just 20 and it started with a 70% Utilization but went to 100% in just a minute or 2 and from then you have to kill the process in the task manager other wise even after you stop the campaigns GSA remains in that state of 100% CPU.
  • Make sure you're using the latest version of SER. Try rebooting the server. Another thing that comes to mind is if you're posting blog comments in your projects. They are very heavy on the CPU and if your server is with lower end specs if could bog it down a lot. 
  • I have not changed anything on the server. Its a dedicated in house server with extremely good resources and I have been running GSA for months on it. I have my own copy of GSA SER and Captcha Breaker and they are updated.

Should I give you the process dump file, would it be of any help to see what is going on..?
  • @bob76 gsa has ALWAYS used 99% of my CPU the software is terribly optimized I am told. But im no coder.
    But you arent the only one.
  • It used to be just fine for me last week. I am trying to figure out what happened. May be something after the new updates...
  • @bob76

have you made any changes to projects ? Specifically articles, are they the same as they were previously ? Haven't you made any additional heavy spintax ? If you have lots of verification in all your projects this might be an issue. If you have many, clean them and provide an answer if this helped.