Skip to content

SER not using the set amount of threads

I've only started to notice this with the last couple versions.

I usually have my threads set to 500 and SER rarely ever utilizes the entire amount. I know with older versions, that whenever I'd check the thread count, it would nearly always be at 490-500. It's constantly only using 250-350 threads with the occasional spike up to 500.

I've tried upping my thread count to 600 and even 800 and is still only using about half the value I set. Any idea what could be the cause of this @Sven ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    in what state is the project?
  • edited January 2015
    All projects are in regular "active" mode without any scheduling. Running imported lists directly into the projects. I'm not using the global site lists for link building within each project. I'm only creating my own verified site list from the settings->advanced feature.

Prior versions would always use damn near the full amount of set threads almost all the time. Not sure what could be the cause.
    I mean when you start projects they would go to full amount of thread and later drop down?
  • No, they very slowly start to climb and hover in the 250-350 range upon starting the projects. It seems like the only time it spikes to the full amount or more than 250-350 (with a set amount of 500) is when it's doing link verification which I have set to do automatically. But even then there's drop-offs back down. Don't understand it.

Could the size/amount of the projects imported sites or submitted/verified count have anything to do with it? I know as projects grow so does the RAM & CPU that SER consumes but I'm still within comfortable values as far as SER and my system is concerned.
    well sorry hard for me to see why it would drop the threads.
  • @Sven - Well whatever you did with 9.49 to "improve submission speed" it seemed to pretty much fix this. My LPM is much higher now and it's currently shooting back up to my now set 666 threads. IDK if the devil's involved but I ain't changing it now, lol.

I forgot to mention that I also had that "automatically decrease threads" for CPU and RAM disabled when I was receiving this problem with 9.47. I tried enabling it also to a reasonable value and it didn't matter. I then read here in the BST of the SerLists.com thread where others were having issues with the amount of contextual links being created with 9.47 also.
  • Figured I'd update this in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread. My issue did return with v 9.49 where SER would only use my full amount of threads sometimes and it was almost always during the automatic link verification when my projects were in regular "active" mode (no scheduling set).

I ended up downgrading to 9.46 like some others have yesterday and I have not noticed the problem since. Since the creation of this thread I've noticed other topics where more users were having issues too so this is not just on my end.