Skip to content

Blocking GSA from posting foreign characters anchor texts

Hi all

I need your urgent help in saving many of my campaigns asap

I ran a few campaigns and saw a large decrease in rankings all of the sudden, and from checking the links with Ahrefs I was shocked to see that the 1st to 4th leading anchors were things such as: 

[主页] , 

Notice - 김옥희 학생: 제19회 휴먼테크논문대상 Energy & Environment 분과 은상 수상, 

applied aerodynamics laboratory - [항공우주이야기] 폰 브라운과 코롤로프, 새 지평을 열다

and so on

they were 100s in numbers and with no relevancy to my projects

I have 2 questions regarding this:

1 - how can I 100% block such sites and prevent such things to happen

2 - is there a way that I can fix the problem and make those anchors much less prominent in my anchor profile (I wish I could delete them from the profile but I don't think it's possible)

3 - why did this happen initially? I mean, why did the machine chose to post those anchors in the first place, as I never programmed it to do so...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2014
    Set up  a dummy project pointing at the bbc website or something, then right click in the 'where to post' section and click to remove all engines that don't post anchor text (experiment with this a bit, to see if removing other engines that 'don't......' also helps).

Then run it for a while, highlight it, right click, show urls, verified. Order the engines by clicking on the heading in the popup, make note of which ones are posting junk anchors, then go back into the project and sack them off in the 'where to post' section as well.
  • Thanks

Isn't any observation of anyone who already knows which platforms post those anchors?
  • JezzaJezza Perth, Australia
    Im having the exact same problem at the moment its driving me up the wall because I can't build quality properties with the majority of my anchor text foreign which I never created in the first place. Anyone else experiencing this issue and has a solution?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    could come from various engines. Just uncheck those who are not building links with anchors you want (right click on selection->uncheck engines not using your anchor text).
  • Thanks Sven

But if I will uncheck engines not using your anchor text globally, won't i miss good sources that can post only the naked url etc?
    hmm yea of course. However you can then use the "link type" filter.
  • What if i blocked languages/countries? Is there a way to bulk block them?
    no, using the link type filter in projects is exactly what you need and want.
  • So how do i know which types of links should i unmark?

enable Article*, *-URL (if you want plain urls) *-Anchor text and *-Contextual

Rest should be disabled.

• I don't want to miss guestbook for example but many of those foreign anchors came from gb, url shortners etc... How can i keep them all and just skip foreign anchors?
    common what do you really want!? Your selection of anchors is getting more and more difficult. If you want to skip certain selective anchors, simply detect the engine used, deactivate it. Thats not that hard if you show the verified urls and sort it by anchor text.
    Ok this is starting to make me cringe, I've just ran another test on a fresh web 2.0 I made and its done the same thing. I have built out 60 verified links and have waited 24 hours, I went back onto Ahrefs and it is showing 192 backlinks from 5 domains. I created 1 of those links from 1 domain which I can see in my list of verified urls.

I can't see any of the 4 domains under my list of verified urls that have posted these anchors on random domains. I even have it set so it doesn't post to the same domain more than once yet these random links are posting multiple no-follow links from the same domain. This is the anchor text im getting:

andrajiron (20%), eldonarmbruster (20%), jerrineilsen (20%), tangelanoggle (20%)

What on earth is happening its confusing me, and it's ruining my projects. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Yeah i am having the same problem..
    Its preventing me from doing any work because everything I do gets spammed with crap! Surely we must have some wrong options ticked. Under 'Filter URLS' which types of backlinks have you selected to create? If anyone could share some insight as to what is wrong I would love you forever.
    @Jezza feel free to post the urls in pm which where not realized by SER as verified URLs. Maybe it's a problem on the scripts to verify the build urls.
    PM sent, thanks Sven
  • As I started this thread, I'd like to have the solution published publicly and not through pm's please
  • Here's an example:

I filtered the campaign not to post to sites from China or in the language chinese and it still posted to this page and also verified it...

how can I run my campaigns safely without those glitches?
    @moonshine please provide the project backup
    Hey Moonshine, Sven just helped me to realise what the problem is with so many no-follow backlinks. If you are getting hundreds of backlinks with random anchors you didn't create you will have same problem as me, you can PM me
    New update will solve it later today though :)
  • Hi Sven, sent you the backup
  • Hi Jezza, pming you now