Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Size? What size is the Right Size...

rocket123rocket123 New York
edited December 2014 in Need Help
Hello, 
I am struggling with which size VPS is the right size. We run 20+ campaigns per month with 4 tiers each --180 threads currently. Looking to expand to 500 threads. At current we are running other tasks on the GSR box - so I am trying to gauge what is the right size. 

Is there some guideline or breakdown of how many we can expect to get on a server? I realize there are a lot of factors but we use private proxies, multiple captcha svc. Does anyone have some insight on server load by projects? 

Your help is ALWAYS appreciated. 

Thank you

Answers

• Just buy a dedi and then ramp up everything until you get out of memory - I don't see the point in paying $50 for a VPS when a decent dedicated server is $60-80pm. I typically run 50-100 projects per dedicated server running 20-25 projects at a time using the scheduler, but you could just have more projects that only see a little less 'daylight' of actively running. For verification (Active V) I run all projects at the same time after restarting SER. If I had unlimited amounts of money I'd run 20 projects per server. If you use lists then you can generally run 50-100 projects at the same time, apparently, but I could never get it to work like that.

I run a fairly low amount of threads really, 200-400 on each server, but my LPM and VPM are very high which suits me as the rankings are following suit, and that's all that matters.
  • JudderMan - Thank You!
    I am running a list now on a quad core 3.2ghz w 16gb ram but it seems like overkill as gsr ser does not use more than 800mb of memory. I will need to play around with it. 

Thanks again!