Skip to content

Answered: How to export and import answered questions ?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
I collected now a lot of questions and answers .. is there a way to import these to GSA if not .. please add this

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Options->Advanced options->click the EDIT button and than right click on the listbox.
  • ah great thanks can you please tell me the used syntax to add the answers..
    is it Question:Answer:URL ?
    and if they are from the old version which didn't save the urls will that be a problem or how is this handled @sven?

The URL is just optional. The format to import would either be the xrummer one or the own one where you have

QUESTION 0xff ANSWER

• edited January 2013
    when i try to import my old text_captcha.dat from the appdata gsa folder it doesn't work @Sven it says  0/0 imported ,,, do i have to edit the file first ?
    when i view it with normal ascii text view it shows ÿ thats 0xff in hex . so it should work or  ?
    Next version allows you to import from a extra menu.
  • Great tested and works fine thanks @sven
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven
    I tried importing in this format and can't get it to work:

Can you help with following formats:
    Format 1:

Sample of .txt file to import:
    Years of running experience ÿ 3
    Yellow and Blue make? ÿ green  http://www.djchat.com/register.php

Format 2: - Do I need to strip out the first bit?
    "You can upload a JPG, GIF or PNG file. *Question Verification The year after 2010 is?"OR "You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> SubmitIMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-) What is 6 + 9 ?"

• edited January 2013
    hey @globalgoogler .. just check your answer and question file in SER (text_captcha.dat -> C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker) that format fits for import .. i just used my old text_captcha.dat ( you can view it with a text editor)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited January 2013
    @KayKay - Thanks. Good to know!

Still doesn't answer if I need to strip out the first bit. 

@sven - What part does GSA SER need to identify what the text captcha is so that it can match it up with an answer? I guess we should just leave the whole thing in?

e.g. 
    "You can upload a JPG, GIF or PNG file. *Question Verification The year after 2010 is?"

It's just that I assumed it solves maths queries, so it should handle the below...but it's not finding the query. 

"You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> SubmitIMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human)  What is 6 + 9 ?"

Or here are many more where it couldn't id the maths query:
    (I have more samples!) 

that paste stuff is solved in latest version...fixed that some versions back.

The thing that the program takes as a question is usually the part between two visible input boxes. So I can't tell you exactly what it is without viewing the html. The html part is stipped down to only have the visible text.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - regarding question stuff, if I have 1000 questions that I have answers to, 

Would you advise I strip out the extra text and only import the question? (It's just there are so very many where it has some extra text in front of the question, for you to view HTML would take for ever for all the instances, and many have not saved the URL's of the captcha)

So to get max gain, is it better for GSA to have in the DB 
    "The year after 2010 is?"          
    (this way whenever it sees THIS question on ANY site, it can answer it)
    OR
     "You can upload a JPG, GIF or PNG file. *Question Verification The year after 2010 is?" 
    (this way whenever it sees this question with the pre-format text, since it can't find JUST the question- it can answer it on THIS type of site since it sees the whole sentence and can solve it.)

Or just duplicate it so it has both:
    "The year after 2010 is?"

Just want your opinion before I load them all into my database and spend lots of time solving them. :-)

Have it the same way as it is saved. Do not modify the question.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - thanks!