Skip to content

SER Lists

@gooner and @2take2. I just purchased SER lists and downloaded the lists. The instructions say to take the compressed file which is a .sl and move into another folder. I moved the file, by dragging and dropping into another folder, but in that folder it still says .sl on the extension of the file. Is this correct or is the file still compressed? If so exactly how do I uncompress it so it is in the proper format? Also is the thread in the forum a faster way to get the info rather than a help desk at SERlists.com? I don't want to wait 24 hours per question to be answered and I may have a lot initially! lol ;-)

Comments

• Sorry I think I answered my own question by reading further in the forum! lol.. It will be unpacked once uploaded into GSA. 

But the second question of where to get fastest answers would be appreciated. 
  • I think, if you bought list from a good seller you have some instruction there, no need to ask.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2014
    Hey Scott,

I see you posted here about 10 minutes after you contacted our support email? We're quick, but we're not that quick mate! lol :D

Anyway, thanks for your custom, and as the previous poster says, there should be everything you need in the guides to get you up and running nicely (remember to check the 'publications' PDF, as it's got more links to other documents we've created as well).

If you've got any more list related questions then feel free to contact us anytime, and although our support doesn't really mind helping out with the odd GSA SER (or CB) issue, those questions are probably better posted here in the forum, as it could also help others who might have the same problem now, or in the future.

Anyway, thanks again, and all the best.

• Hi 2Take2, 

1) I'm a little confused when going through instructions. In the instructions provided, ie project options settings, what you guys are showing visually and the explanation of boxes to check can be confusing. When speaking about it in writing you guys say what you check and don't check. But when showing illustration visually it may conflict with written explanation. Ie: Having #15 Use url's from global site lists in enabled checked. And in visual "identified" is not checked in project options settings but it is checked in User's Guide.. Also the next one #16 default is left checked in visual but you guys say to never check it. It would be better that all instructions correlate not to confuse anyone with default settings showing checked. Meaning all visuals match all written instructions. 

2) Also in different instructions on where to submit all boxes are checked in "project options settings" and in "Users guide" only 4 boxes are checked. I don't know which ones to check as I am using verifieds? And it's not clear.  

3) Do you guys know where the embed code option is for videos to put in article or where or how to insert that? 
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2014
    Hi Scott,

I've just had a look at the guide and you're right, there are a couple of slight discrepancies which we'll rectify ASAP. Thank you for pointing them out.

1. Always check 'identified' and never check #16.

2. The platforms / engines that you would check in the 'where to submit' field depend on what which ones you want your project to post to, so you would need to check these according to whatever strategy you're planning on using.

3. You can add your own video urls in the article manager tab  where it says 'insert x random videos related to the article, own urls, edit'. just click on edit and add the urls you want.

• Do you find Rankwyz to be a major help with getting rankings? If I am starting out in some uncompetitive stuff just to try and rank that might be ok then build up to using it?
  • After going through the tutorials and following the directions, I have hit start on SER and nothing is happening. Nothing is moving whatsoever. 
     Thoughts

• I'm not using the search engines to scrape just using verified lists. 

A little perplexed. 
  • Hi Scott,

It sounds like you haven't imported the list (.sl file) correctly into the folder that you've set SER to read from in 'Global Options' , ' Advanced'. I'd turn the search engines on, and if it works then you know that there's most likely a problem with the target urls not being read properly.

Personally, I'm moving away from Rankwyz towards higher quality tier 1 properties, but it really depends on what you're trying to achieve.
  • I got it to work! It first worked when I clicked on turn search engines on. Then I got it to work with the verified lists now.. BUT the reason being is that I am running Active only. In the checklist provided in "Best Practices" it says to run Active (V). When I had it on Active (V) it didn't work. So I got confused with that. Can you clarify that please.

I've heard FCS Networker is good for 2.0's. 

I'm just trying to rank videos.

The LPM is only 1.52 currently. Which is low I would think. Maybe stop and start SER one time to see if it speeds up?

• You should only run 'active verify' when you've worked your way through one list, and have created or purchased another list to run your projects from. Basically, in order to ensure that you've got all of the verified links into your global verified list before you move on to the next one, or at least that's what the guide is trying to convey, anyway.

Glad to hear you got it sorted in the end.
  • How many links approximately till I run active verify? I bought the red list with 100.000 plus links. So is it approximately 100,000 links it will need to go through before running active verify?
  • @2take2: I just entered a second project using the verified lists. Once I filled in information and pressed ok on last step with adding 10 emails, didn't even press start for SER to begin. It was immediate that I had X amount of links automatically transferred into brand new project. Seemed like it just took the links that were verified from previous project and entered immediately into 2nd project. Am I correct? 
  • Hi Scott,

It sounds like you duplicated your first project and selected 'everything' instead of 'just data / options'?

Either that, or you saved your first project as a backup template, and imported it to make a new project?

Just highlight the project, right click, show urls, 'submitted', highlight all of them (ctrl + a ) in the popup and right click, then delete. Then do the same for 'verified' as well.

• When I selected data/options to copy parts of template and I looked in article manager at embed code the code had previous links then had to reupload article for second time then the proper embed code was in there. But I guess those were the old links.. OR maybe the problem was me and not the software!!!! lolol ;-)
  • @2Take2:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays..

With my projects there is a red warning box comes up that says: " No targets to post to (no search engines chosen, no url extraction chosen, no scheduled posting)" 

I am using imported lists. I have noticed over time that more and more projects are getting these red warning boxes. SER keeps building links. Does it mean it's building empty links? What should be done when these red warning boxes appear? 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited December 2014
    @scottwillinsky, I just responded to your PM, which was the exact same question here, so I will Repost my answer here for everyone:

Merry Christmas Scott. It sounds to me like you have done two things: 1) A direct load of the targets to each individual project, and 2) Set each project to read the Identified file where you store the SER List.

If this is the case, it really makes sense because: It depletes the targets you imported into each project's memory banks, it runs out, it throws up the red flag, but then it has a source for more links in the Identified folder. At that point it endlessly pulls random batches of links from Identified until infinity.

Let me know if this is your scenario. If it is, you are totally fine.
  • @Ron. It sounds like this is my scenario.I also got additional information from Sven when I asked him. Sven states "I don't know the settings but if you use no search engines then you might use web2.0 platforms only? Else it's logical that no further link is build. " 

With my "Where to submit" settings I basically have almost all of the boxes checked... Would you recommend what Sven states to only submit to web 2.0's as no search engines are checked? The settings of where to submit are not in the instruction manual. 

• @ Ron, I misunderstood Sven.. What boxes would you check in "Where to Submit" settings if your trying to get as many links as possible to a video? 
  • @Ron with the SERLISTS are any of those links social bookmarks?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Sorry for the delay - Holidays and all of that. I don't submit to web2.0's using SER. If you do that, you have to subscribe to SER engines, and that is an additional cost. I have other services for that.

There are social bookmarks, but that is another platform where most participants are on recaptcha. Again, there are a bunch of services for that if you really want them. 
  • @ Ron. I am subscribed to SER engines. I think it was a one time payment. What additional services do you use? What is the other service where most participants are on recaptcha? 

I have heard social bookmarks helps with ranking videos.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @scottwillinsky - I don't think that seller is selling anymore. Be careful what you suggest in an open forum. Look at the last page of the comments. People have been sending in money and no one has heard from the seller in over a month.
  • @Ron what is the service and or platform that you use for social bookmarks? 

I wasn't suggesting that service for bookmarks, I was asking what your thoughts are on the service.   
  • But thanks for making me aware of the last page of negative comments from that seller. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I say it was too bad it died. It would have been a cool service. I would have used something like that to fill in some gaps, so there is always a place for a good service. Most don't seem to last too long in the social segment of SEO. Almost like a curse. I have laid off them for a little while, so I can't really recommend anyone specifically.
  • edited January 2015
    @ron just Pmed you