Skip to content

Limited threads

edited December 2014 in Need Help
Hi guys, I have a problem.

No matter how much threads I use in settings my GSA SER can't pass 150-170. I see small "T: 150" in bottom left corner even if I set it to 700 threads.

I have powerful VPS (usage under 30%), 50 private proxies, I'm using 30 Search Engines (english Google).
html timeout 120, wait between search queries 10, 20 projects running,

Whats the problem?

Comments

• Maybe you're running very few projects?
  • is 20 really that low?
  • Ah, sorry. Didn't notice you've mentioned that in your post. Well then there's something weird going on. Did you try to reboot the VPS? And exactly how powerful is it?
  • It's 70$ VPS. The problem is GSA SER doesn't use even 50% of VPS power. Yeah I restarted and still nothing
  • Post screenshots of your SER settings.
  • Maybe you dont have enough keywords (for scraping).
  • edited December 2014
    I have the best keyword in the world which is "A". It gives much better results than 5k keywords list.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Post screenshots @crackysa.
  • I have the best keyword in the world which is "A". It gives much better results than 5k keywords list
    Learn how to scrape bro. "A" wont scrape anything resonable.

Try to turn run your projects without harvesting (use identified lists you have) and see if this help + post screenshots.
  • edited December 2014
    @satyr85 I know how to scrape and I don't need anything reasonable. I have tested google top searched keyword lists but "A" gave me better results. Anyways thats not the point.

Note:
    I have "skip no follow links" checked but it doesn't change anything - tested
    I have custom SE types checked which boosted my LPM but number of threads is still around 160.
    I also tried to set custom verification time but it doesn't boost threads.

• edited December 2014
    Everytime I restart projects number of threads goes to 600 for few minutes, then drops again. Now it was over 10 minutes so I thought problem is solved :/
  • I would say:
    Uncheck proxies for e-mail checking and verification.
    Uncheck submitted urls usage (use only verified unless you know what you do).
    Uncheck "use URLs linking on same verified url" unles you 100% know what you do and how this work.
    Btw private proxies are not way to go if you want to harvest lot of targets.

With one letter "A" and footprints you wont harvest any resonable amount of links no matter what you do. You will make query "A" + footprint over and over again to google and google will give you same results over and over again. Keywords force google to give us different results each time we make query to google, thats why everyone use big keywords list.
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for your help, I'll try that settings now.

Everytime I uncheck private proxies for verification and email checking I got abuse report on email and my VPS provider (solid seo vps) tells me to stop. Then they check my GSA settings and check all the boxes (use private proxies for all) so I dont know... I got proxies from buyproxies.

Edit: It didnt change anything, even with 20k keyword list. GSA still running at 150 threads~ and backgroud is nice and smooth because program is not even using 50% of VPS power.... it's so annoying. Why can't it just go faster? :D
    Problems I see:

Verified link must have exact URL.
    Not many engines checked.
    Skip nofollow links.
    Allow posting on the same site again.
    "A" harvesting.

• Faster dont mean better - i set my GSA 3 days ago to 100 threads and i see few good things. Im not using proxies for verification and emails and i never got any abuse message.

Btw you pay $70 for vps when you could get dedicated server for $45.
  • edited December 2014
    Checked most of the engines now. Threads increased to 200~, CPU usage 50%
    Verified link must have exact URL, Skip nofollow links and Allow posting on the same site again didnt change anything. Already added big keywords list. As I said, I need more threads and these options have nothing to do with it.

EDIT: After 10 minutes number of threads is 150~ again...

• I'm also noticing this. I have my threads set to 500. I've tried higher or even 300 also but my threads are always in the 100-150 range on my crap link projects (blogs, guestbooks, trackbacks, etc).

If I run it together with my contextual projects it barely uses any threads at all. If I run the contextual projects alone they max out my threads or when the contextual projects are ran with the crap link projects it uses 95+% of the threads.

Very odd!
  • Can't find any solution, still asking some GSA gurus for help.

Can admin please mark this thread as new? Seems like I misused "accept answer" features, sorry I'm new I didn't know how this work.
    edited December 2014
    *Edit: you posted screenshots*

Did you modify any of my suggestions?
  • @Brandon Man do you even read replies?

I woke up today and my VPS was down for unknown reason so I started GSA and all projects again. Now it's running 500 threads for like 2 hours already, LPM boosted x3.

I don't know what causes threads drops... tried to restart VPS and even my router before but it didnt help.
  • crackysa 
    You restarted router? So you have VPS on your home PC ?
  • No but I did restart toaster too to make sure everything is restarted :D