Skip to content

Question about testing Yahoo email accounts

I bought 1,000 yahoo email accounts about 2 or 3 months ago.

I assumed they were still good, and I have been using them for SER.

When I "Test" them within SER, it says that they are successful (with maybe 1 in 20 failing, due to login error).

I only use the ones that pass the "Test" through SER.

If SER can successfully test them, that means that they are working properly right?

The only reason I ask is because I tried to manually login (using yahoo) to one of the yahoo email accounts, and it wanted PHONE verification to even login!!!

Maybe I just had bad luck and picked an account that was bad, I don't know.

Anyways, if it passes the "Test" through SER, does that mean it should work fine for doing actual submissions through SER?

Does SER log into yahoo email accounts differently than through your browser and through yahoo directly?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• UPDATE: I just tried logging into one of my yahoo email accounts that I Just used (successfully) with SER, and it did the same crap (asked for phone verification).

If it asks me for phone verification when I try to manually log in using my browser/yahoo, why does it still pass the "Test" etc. when using SER??
  • Login to yahoo manually and via pop3 is 2 differen things. Your account can work via pop3 and can not work manually.

You may ask "why im getting phone verification?" Because accounts were made from different country than yours. Yahoo remember from what country your accounts were created. Lets say your accounts were created from russia - you try to login from usa - it looks very strange and yahoo think you may try to break pass for this yahoo acc thats why yahoo asks for phone verification.

When you acces acc via pop3 there are only 2 ways - account work or account is dead. There is no way to ask for pva when you use pop3, thats why your accounts work in gsa and dont work when you try to use them manually.
  • I had a feeling it was something like that. Makes sense.

When you login via POP3 it prolly doesn't get your location and IP etc. :)

Thanks!