Skip to content

GSA Platform Identifier - URGENT - Feature i wish

Dear @Sven, dear @s4ant0s,

please change that monitore folders will not restarted from beginning after reopen the Software.
If you have to restart the Computer, GSA PI will start again…

What do you think about?

Maybe PI will split the files and append something like .used

Thanks Marc

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    With processing files the software will pick up where it left off, but for monitor folders its apparently not possible for it to work that way. That's why it gives the warning when you try to close that projects that monitor folders will be restarted while the processing files will pick up where they left off.

• HI,

sorry i am not sure, what this mean:

Am i right that: it is not possible for folder monitoring to remember the left off inside a file.

If so, please tell me the advantage of this function, when GSA PI starts crawling the same files over and over again, when i restart the software.
    The software is going to continue to monitor the folder while its on so as long as the software is running the folder will be monitored indefinitely and processing the new URLS. 

If we stored all URLS in a database that would probably work, but would increase disk space big time and probably slow down processing quite a bit.

I will look deeper into this option more this week to see if we can find a way to do it.

• Thanks for your patience and help…

edited December 2014
    No problem Marc. We're definitely going to try and improve and add requested features that you guys are wanting. The feedback is helpful. :)
  • edited January 2015

s4nt0s Wouldn't a possible solution be to have
    PI store the line number of the text file it left off on? Assuming PI reads text
    files it's monitoring sequentially?

@Robby54 - This is already added. New version should be coming out today/tomorrow with even more stuff like auto backup of projects, auto remove duplicates, etc.
  • Sound great! Can't wait ;)