Skip to content

Could i import articles from a folder generating by Kontent machine?

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests

Hi,

I know that we can import articles from a folder, how ever, could i import article folder generating by kontent machine?

we can import an article generated by kontent machine to fill all the blank at one time. i can do this now.

what i want is:

i generate for example 25 articles in a folder by kontent machine. then i import all the 25 articles to gsa at one time.

could i do this , or we can import such folders now? i couldnt find such option.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't know how that generated file looks like (I don't own a copy of that program). I can probably add some import like I did for the PLR articles if someone can send me details or a sample on the format of that file.
  • I used to do this with KM.  The way I did this was I created like 50 articles with KM  Would save them in a file  than in the article file or wherever I wanted to use the article(s) I'd right click and select use content of random file  than i'd select the file of the articles and it would randomly insert one article into that field.  This was a while ago so i'm not sure if it'd still work with all the recent updates but it deff used to. :)
  • so you put all that articles in one file ? .. and what is used to tell GSA now starts a new article ?
    which syntax i mean ;) inside your big article file
    No, he means he crated one article in one file and put it into one folder. The program can use the spinfolder macro than to choose a random file/article from that folder.
  • Sorry, I had kinda said that wrong.  Let me explain it more clearly. 

How I did this was with KM,  I'd select a keyword lets say Weight Loss let KM run and than export unspun 50-100 articles into a folder.  Than on my VPS I created a folder called KMArticles  than inside that folder I created another folder called Weight Loss  Than I put the 50-100 articles inside the weight loss folder  than on my GSA for the article field I would right click and select Use Content of random file.  So it would basically use a random .txt from that weight loss folder  here was the syntax used for that. 

%spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\GSAClientArticles\WeightLoss%

And it works  every time I test it uses a different .txt from that specific folder.

Hopefully that helps and clears it up a bit more.

Also, You have to make sure the articles are unspun cause GSA can't import articles in the spyntax than spin them each time. I tried it all sorts of ways and the way above was the only way I could get that to work.
  • great explanation @hunar thanks that made it clear
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hunar - "Also, You have to make sure the articles are unspun cause GSA can't import articles in the spyntax than spin them each time. I tried it all sorts of ways and the way above was the only way I could get that to work. "

Mine seems to work when I use spintax .txt files in the article folder using a macro. :-)
  • You are doing this Kontent Machine as well or something different? :) cause with KM I couldn't get it to work.  but with other programs I dunno might be different. :)

Either way I don't use this anymore.  It was something that I used to do. 

• "Either way I don't use this anymore.  It was something that I used to do.  "

@hunar what do u use for content now?
  • I just use KM,  But I don't have the random files in a article any longer.  I'm seeing same results so wasn't worth taking the extra steps.  Now when I setup a GSA campaigns takes me a few mins vs 15-20 mins.
  • Is it possible to support spun articles with such setup? It would be very helpful to have, say 50 spun articles, for a project. The amount of content will be much more unique than if I use either 1) heavily spun article and 2) 50 unspun artciles.
  • i hope make you all understood, sorry for my bad english.
    what i really want to is
    we can import a folder with losts of spin articles generated by KM to auto fill all the blank, title,description,article body,anchor,keywords.
    just like we import date from a txt, this time, we import for example 25 spin articles not the only one articles.
    if you want you can set up you keyword list or anchor.
    when all works done, there is no need to touch gsa, you can get many totally diffrent articles from km folder. if you want ,you can change the keyowrd list or email, or anchor.
  • edited January 2013
    Hunar - Is GSA picking up the first line as the title? Or are you adding titles separately and in which case the scraped content will not have the title?

I tried to use this option but most of my content from Unique Blend has the title as the first line and something GSA does not pick up.
  • @tumpien: If GSA doesn't support that, and if you have access to Linux server command line, you can create separate title files and content files very easily.

Let me know if you're interested.
  • @audioguy - Would be interested... don't have/use Linux though.
  • You can use SSH access from shared hosting to achieve the same thing. Some hosts require that you ask for access. User level access is enough. You don't need a dedicated server to access Linux command line.

Assuming your article resides in /home/tumpien/articles. Do this

$ cd ~/articles
    $ for file in *.txt; do mkdir titles contents; head -1 "$file" > titles/"$file"; tail -n+2 "$file" > contents/"$file"; done

The result is two directories inside "articles" directory, namely "articles/titles" and "articles/contents".

Title of article1.txt (first line from the original file only) will be in titles/article1.txt and body content of article1.txt (2nd line till the end) will be in contents/article1.txt and so on.

Just zip the file and download over to your VPS or desktop, ready to be used by GSA SER.

$ cd ~
    $ zip -r articles articles

The result is articles.zip containing the original and both titles and contents directories inside.
  • edited January 2013
    Corrections:

$ cd ~/articles
    $ mkdir titles contents
    $ for file in *.txt; do head -1 "$file" > titles/"$file"; tail -n+2 "$file" > contents/"$file"; done

Put the one liner in a script file, like process.sh

#!/bin/bash
    mkdir titles contents
    for file in *.txt; do head -1 "$file" > titles/"$file"; tail -n+2 "$file" > contents/"$file"; done

Then chmod 755 process.sh. Each time you want to do this, just enter the directory containing articles, then run process.sh.

$ cd ~/articles
    $ ~/bin/process.sh

Done :)

• edited January 2013
    @audioguy - Thanks! Will give it a try.

Hopefully, @Sven can include an option "first line is title" or something to that effect when sourcing content from a folder.
  • Or .. Use KM UD template
  • @senty4love: won't work afaik.

I asked the author of KM to include option to not spin anything but just process files, add images, videos, etc. Then output to the appropriate template. They answer by making the bulk spinner tool. Does its job perfectly except one small bug that will be fixed in the next release.

But if you already have properly spun and formatted article, there's no way you can use KM UD template without mixing at least your paragraphs (normal mode at least mix paragraphs from your article files) so use the simple script to do its job.

I'll contact KM to see if they're going to include that option. Hopefully. It will make life easier, I agree.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    I have noticed in the latest update : V4.94 that the following was added:
    • new: ability to import KontentMachine from more than one file to make it spinable 
    I was wondering if my understanding of using that is correct as follow:
    In KM i export to GSA SER template and select say 50 articles.
    IN GSA SER - Create new project
    Go to Tools \ Import \ Data fields
    At the Import data fields in the past i just selected my exported KM file. With the GSA SER 4.94-- can i now select multiple data files ?

Would appreciate if you could clarify on that

• This is what i do..I use KM UD template to generate articles [u get title,description,keyword,resource,summery ..each having its own folder]..now go create SER data file and specify each folder..[I have one folder on my C drive for SER only...so i only have to change subfoder name in 'data file' which i can do with 'search and replace in notepad']...Just upload that data file in SER and your campaign is ready to go ;-)
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    senty4love

Not sure if you read my question correct. AS i explained i was asking about the new feature in V.4.94 which allow you to upload multiple data files.

I just tested it and seems that selecting multiple will merge them all together.

Just wanted to verify that .
  • Hit Ctrl+left click.

As you notice, you can select multiple data files now.

Use GSA SER format in KM.
  • edited January 2013
    that's a neat feature ..how much data we can import to SER? will it affects its speed? KM data file is very large [if u selected nested spin and done word level spinning]...
  • I just tested the new feature, just what i want . hope you all like this feature.
    edit-date-tools-auto fill- usekontent machine
    Then choose for example 50 articles together,
    If you want, only import article,description,body,or you should also import keywords,anchors generated by km.
    any set up question,please write here, i will help you asap.
    edited January 2013
    Which would be the better option to use when building projects with KM export files

Option 1 ( Been using this all along - but only allow to select 1 import file)
    Tools \ Import \ Data fields

Option 2 ( This allow me to select all KM Export files - 50 files )
    Tools \ Autofill \  Use Kontent Machine \ Import

Apart from the fact that option 1 is limited to 1 data file what is the difference between these 2 options and is the one better than the other ?
    Both do the same if you select one file only.

• option 2 is better than opotion 1 if you want to make your article more "unique"

only one article is not enough for all the campain, right? option 2 is better because you dont need to change the article times and times again.
    @dylan09 & @sven

Thank you both for the feedback.
    I think i will use Option 2 from now onwards and import 50 datafiles each time.

Thanks