Skip to content

Solid Proxies - Do Yours Update Automatically ??

I have 20 semi-dedicated proxies from them and they're sold with the unique feature that they automatically get replaced if and when blocked i.e. a set it and forget it solution. However, mine don't.

A couple of days ago I was replacing some proxies that are from a different supplier and I hit the test button to test ALL of my proxies. The new ones all passed but NINE of the Solid ones were replaced. I contacted their support but got the same answer that I'd got before....follow our instructions and make sure to click on  "disable banned proxies". I've done that a few times and I'm sure that I have everything set up correctly, so wondering if anyone has seen similar problems?

Comments

• @filescape

Please open a ticket and have us look at your setup.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    how do you test the proxies?
  • @Sven, Test Proxies | All | Against Google Search
    and if you test against bing?
  • Sorry @Sven, don't know and the failing proxies have now been replaced. You have to realise that I only did the original test to make sure that new proxies from a different supplier were ok, and this highlighted the problem with the Solid Proxies. I thought that the whole idea of the Solid Proxies was that they were replaced when they failed or were blacklisted, surely it shouldn't matter if they were tested against Google or Bing, the fact is that when I ran the test 9 out of the 20 Solid proxies were changed automatically, but this process is supposed to be set and forget i.e. SER tells Solid that a proxy has failed and Solid then changes that proxy out. This obviously isn't happening.

ok so you use the option to disable banned proxies?
    So I have no idea then. Maybe the proxy is down and doesn't give a reply at all. I will change the code on next version to also mark it as dead then.