Skip to content

Different use of %emailhost%

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Is it possible to define my own list of emailhost in text file like names.dat and call it in my project with %emailhost% or for example %random_emailhost% ?
This would allow to define exactly what specific (or region specific) emailhosts user wants to use in its project. It's more universality for the software and probably for scripting.

It would be great because I have catchall email on my hosting therefore I have my own @myownemailhost.com. To get valid email address for my projects I have to combine names.dat file and my emailhost like this %spinfile-names.dat%@myownemailhost.com.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. put all hosts in a file (one per line) and call it e.g. hosts.txt (put it in engines folder if you don't want to use a full path)

2. use ...@%spinfile-hosts.txt%

• You are SUPER man Sven! Thank you very much.
  • Will email be lowercase then?
    yes since the new version it is.
  • It should be, but email constructed using this technics is Not lowercase, because it takes names.dat separately where names start with uppercase.

Thank you
    On submission it is making it all lowercase. Ok ok I make it the same for TEST as well.
  • Thank you for the best support ever, for efforts and your patient to all of us
    :\">

Thanks again!
    Your welcome :)