Skip to content

Templates causing errors in later versions of the software

edited January 2013 in Bugs

My GSA SER seems to constantly report a bug, and give the option of closing the program, ignoring etc etc when doing a submission run. This happens after some time. Some times maybe 5 minutes into a run, sometimes shorter/longer, and happens no matter how many threads I run. I’m currently running 300 threads. 

I chose to ignore the error, and it sometimes pops up with another error immediately after, prompting the same options, ignore/close program etc.

When I do click to ignore, the program continues to run, but when I do then click the ‘stop’ button, a project or two will never stop, and instead stay active, although they won’t actually submit. They just stay highlighted, and the thread count never gets down to 0, and I’m unable to close the program correctly. I’m forced to click on the ‘x’ in the top right hand corner, which states ‘there are still projects running’, I click ‘yes’, and after some time the program will then close.

In some cases the program closes correctly, but sometimes a box pops up with the message below:

---------------------------

Search_Engine_Ranker.exe: MM Operation after uninstall.

FastMM has detected a FreeMem call after FastMM was uninstalled.

OK   

When I do reopen the program, the data hasn’t been saved for the projects which got stuck, so it hasn’t saved the latest submitted or verified numbers, and is much lower then it was previously. I’m trying to create a certain number of verifications for each project each day, and this is playing havoc with my ability to do this, as each time it crashes, it loses the latest submission/verification data for the projects.

To follow on - i've had this issue before, and seems to come from the fact that i've created a template from an earlier version, which now causes a problem with later versions. 

For example, i create a template project. I set it up with the platforms i want to post to, and i configure the options etc, and store this as a project template. When i then create a new project, i duplicate this project, and change the url, and email info etc etc. 

Comments