Skip to content

How to make email address related to random %spinfile-names.dat/lnamed.dat%

edited January 2013 in Need Help
How to make email related to random %spinfile-names.dat/lnamed.dat%. I have catchall email so the format what I use is something like %spinfile-names.dat%@mydomain.com. I would like it to match the name which is in "About me" and would be great to make it possible lowercase letters for emails. because all names/lnames are with uppercase first letters.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The upper/lowercase is not a problem. It is still a valid email. Also a once chosen name should be the same everywhere.
  • I know it's a valid email but may look suspicious for moderators. It's clear footprint of SER submission. Not good in my opinion.
    Regarding name it should be the same everywhere but actually it is not. When I place the %spinfile-names.dat% even in the same field, I got different names. Why? Indeed I'm trying to get email address related with user name/lastname.
    For example if the user is George Michael, then his email should be for example georgemichael@mydomain.com (I don want hotmail.com as it's described in %random_email% or %email%). BTW %random_email% doesn't generate any email, %email% generates but without any relation with names/lastnames. What I'm doing wrong?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited January 2013

Is that again on the test right? - fixed that

%random_email% is also replaced now correctly in upcoming version.

emails are all lowercase as well in upcoming version

• That's right, at least what I see in the test.
    Thanks a lot!