Skip to content

Want to create a PBN network of 500 sites LOL

edited November 2014 in Other / Off Topic
Yep, I want to create a PBN network of 500 websites or more..I would like to register domains & hosting on Godaddy (ease of use because I am using them for long & want to be very cautious about my websites)......as I am going to set up those huge numbers & as they are PBN so I have to use different names & address for each of them. So, is there any punishable action I might from Godaddy or any other Internet security system or Online Terms & conditions or from any law enforcement organization (If I use 500 fake names & address & payment) ?

& What other precaution should I take to register the domains ?

What  things Google picks to evaluate the backlinks from these PBN sites ( Because I will be building links for my 10 money websites) I read somewhere that there is a way to conceal the links from those PBN sites so that majestic & ahrefs couldn't scrape them for the competitors.

& If I register them from a single IP then, will Godaddy notice that & what would be their action ?

I don't want to get jailed & don't want to be fined & you people have PBN network here, so please help me find a solution. Thanks

Basically I want to know ,what problems could I face ?

Thanks Again

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Depending on your country it might be illegal to provide fake WHOIS data. This is something you have to sort out yourself.

It definitely is against ICANN policy and probably against Godaddy's ToS as well. I've never used Godaddy but I can imagine giants like that heavily enforce their ToS and possibly have a fraud detection system. If I were you I'd use a smaller registar who doesn't care about it. I'm sure you'll be able to find them. ;-)

Using the same IP for your entire PBN (especially given the size) is a MAJOR footprint and some also claim Google discounts links from the same IP (subnets). If you can't cough up the money for unique A/B/C class hosting you can also use a free CDN like Cloudflare to conceal your IP. I believe 10% of the internet currently uses a CDN and Cloudflare has thousands of unique IP's. Make sure to make a seperate account for each of your sites so the nameservers are all different as well though. 

It's still a major footprint when most of your backlinks come from Cloudflare IP's, but it's definitely a lot safer than hosting all your sites on the same IP. 

And yes, you can block backlink bots. Don't do it in robots.txt or with a plugin like Spyder Spanker . Use .htaccess for that. 

• edited November 2014
    rogerke    Many Thanks for your reply.

by the single IP I meant my house internet IP address because though I will use 500 different accounts but I will have to use my internet IP address to register those godaddy accounts...not that I am going to put 500 websites on a single IP address, they will be useless if I do that. as I will create 500 accounts,so there will be 500 different domains & different hosting also. My idea is yet theoretical because need to invest heck of a fund for this If I do.

I need more answers on this, please help me providing your experience.
  • edited November 2014
    @ Tarana 

Sorry, in that case I misread. 

I'm afraid you won't get an answer on that because I don't think anyone here tried that before. Regardless, I'd probably not use Godaddy but a smaller registar. Even if it succeeds initially they can still ban you later on for breaking their ToS. Also, if you find a registar who doesn't care you don't have to go through the hassle of creating 500 seperate accounts. Just register them all at once and be done with it :-)

• 500 domains??will you manage them by yourself?? i'd recommend you invest in buying pr links first before setting up your own pbn of 500 domains, its not a simple task.
  • I read somewhere that they have 2000 blog/website network with different whois record each & they are selling links on them .
  • young_gooner  Yep, I know mate.

I already stated that still this is only theoretical

Thanks for your reply..
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @tarana Have you really considered the time and cost to do this? I would estimate 1-2 hours to buy a new domain, set up hosting and set up WP. Add another hour to install a custom theme and clean it up, install a couple plugins. If you estimate 3 hours per site (that's on the low end), you're talking about 1500 hours. Working ONLY on this for 40 hours a week will take you nearly a full year.

If you're buying decent domains you can expect to spend $50 per domain. That is $25,000 as a one time fee. Then you have $5500 in annual fees for registration.

If you get cheap hosting (and do it correctly) you can expect to pay $10 per month per hosting account. That would be another $5000 in monthly fees.

In any given month you'll have maybe 1% of your sites have hosting problems. That is 50 sites per month that have a host go down or a site goes offline. You'll need to have a program created to do an alive check on your domains daily, that should cost you $500 or so.

If you really get these set up for under $50,000 I would be very surprised. I have my own PBN and have managed a huge PBN in the past. I wouldn't discount my advice just because it isn't what you're hoping to hear.

Start small. Your first goal could be 10 domains, then 50 domains, then 100 domains. I think at 100 domains you'll realize there are better ways to spend your time and money.

Now, you have $50k to spend on setting up a huge PBN and you're asking a forum full or random people how to set it up?
  • edited November 2014
    @Brandon

I don't know where you get those numbers from, but they don't correspond to my experiences at all. Registering the domain, paying for hosting, changing DNS, installing WP/Drupal, changing .htaccess to block backlink bots, installing a theme and some plugins doesn't take me more than 15 minutes. I honestly can't imagine how anyone could spend 3 hours on that, lol.

Sure, you still don't have any content and pages on that site, but that's only a couple of minutes work as well (assuming you don't write it yourself). 

And I have no idea where you buy your hosting, but I have never experienced severe hosting problems. Sure, a site might be down for a couple of hours every few months, but that's about it. No need to do a alive check every day at all.

Also, the hosting costs you cite are outrageous. More than enough good $1-2 per month hosting companies. Make sure to avoid the SEO hosting companies though. 

• This is your first PBN and your going for 500.

Your biting off more than you can chew.
  • jpvr90 No, I already have couple of sites as PBN.

& i was not gonna be set up them at once..of course I will take long time & it's still in theory.
  • edited November 2014
    Brandon   Thanks for your reply & great analysis. We talked before & I know you have great knowledge about this.

Yes Mate I will start with 10 first & will proceed gradually.

Just wanted opinion on a theory from experts ,that's all.

Thanks
  • edited November 2014
    I was rather interested hearing about any T&C violations of Godaddy or ICANN or any other fraudulent indictment for creating lots of accounts using fake names & address. . I am reading Godaddy's T&C for a while.
  • I did a small PBN before probably about 50,  before you complete those, there are alot of hacker will hack your site and make them useless
  • @tarana
    With all these foreseeable problems, fake names & addresses is your last concern. I have lots, really lots of domains, not all for PBN but for the ones for PBN, all are registered to fake names, fake addresses etc. Even some are registered to fake LLC.

BTW from your very first start point, if the most important thing is to play by the rules, i strongly advice you that think about different business.
  • I have around that right now, I can tell you now I spent close to 4 months planning it before I even began which to me was essential and it is still a nightmare not to mention getting seriously screwed by a supposed trusted content provider on BHW for a few grand (expect shit throwing thread soon as I find the time to take the screenshots of his shit service)

Plan, research. plan, research execute and prepare yourself for looking at spreadsheets for months.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2014
    Some good advice already in this thread, and here's some more things to think about;

- How will you keep track of which blog is hosted where, and on what IP?
    - What hosting companies are you going to use and why?
    - How are you going to ensure that your domains are always renewed so that you don't lose them?
    - How will you keep track of login credentials for everything, hosting, cpanel, FTP, registrar, etc.?
    - How will you keep track of the index status of your network, domains and posts / pages?
    - How will you create the domains so that they look legit, content, themes, logos, etc. and how will you streamline the process?
    - How are you going to obtain the domains for your network, what is your criteria, and how are you going to weed out the crap so that you actually build something worth building?
    - How will you manage what domains link to where?
    - How will you deploy content to all of your domains?
    - How will you keep all of your domains and plugins updated?
    - What plugins are you going to use and why?
    - How are you going to avoid footprints, and do you know what footprints to avoid?
    - How are you going to mask your network?
    - What other platforms are you going to use apart from WP, and do you know how to set them up?
    - Which parts of the process are you going to outsource, and to who?

That's just some stuff off the top of my head, but If you don't know how to answer any of it (in detail), then as the other guy said, I'd strongly suggest you spend some [a lot] of time doing research, or you're going to waste a shit load of cash / time, and probably drive yourself insane in the process.
  • linkedseolinkedseo NYC
    edited December 2014
    Don't register all domains on one hosting account incase you get penalized. because if it keeps happening they will notify GoDaddy and they will ban you. Host your domains on different accounts