Skip to content

Advice needed for ranking sites with GSA

edited November 2014 in Need Help
For the past two months I have been trying to rank a site using GSA. This site is focused in reviewing one product and has two target keywords: with 1600 MS and 600 MS. Currently positions stand at #70 and #40 respectively.

The rankings are not improving at all beyond this despite me building a steady drip of contextual links every day along with tier 2 and 3.

I think I may have made a big mistake in choosing this keyword in the first place as it has a fairly high competition and there are NO long tail variations of the keyword. Ranking for this keyword may be impossible without some powerful links with High PR and TF. I noticed that one top ranking spam site for this keyword does have a lot of PBN links only with high TF according to Majestic.

I think the real power of GSA lies in its anchor text diversification allowing you to rank for many long tail keywords. So I suppose , if I want to rank using GSA only, I should choose another broad niche and try to rank for many long tail terms instead of one short tail search term.

Am I in the right line of thinking? What do you guys suggest?

Comments

• It's hard to say without more information.

There are plenty of people ranking sites in hi competition niches, but it takes a while.

What kind of search volume does your keyword have?

What is the competition like?