Skip to content

Blog Comment Links = CRAP Nowadays? :)

Is it just me, or have Blog Comments become pretty much worthless for SEO nowadays?

Every time I check a verified blog comment URL, the comment/link is so far burried in spam after just literally a FEW MINUTES that it is literally like 10 pages back.

Outbound link count on most blog comment pages is around 50K (literally), and if the count shows up as lower than that (which it often does), that just means that the page has been broken down into hundreds of pages, and you have to click on 1,2,3,4, and so on (up to an absurd number).

Even with link indexing services, i can't imagine your link getting indexed if it is literally put on a different PAGE within just a few minutes lol!

If you check the "verified" url for your blog comment, it brings you to the NEWEST blog comment page (IE: maybe it will be like page 157, for example), but your comment/link would actually be on like say........ page 140.

So unless you literally check the verified URL right after it was created, you wont even see your comment/url. And even if you have SER setup to build link pyramids, by the time it builds links to the "verified" url, it will be too late, and it will build links to the WRONG page number :)

Anyone with me on this?

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE GSA SER  :)

I just think that blog comments in GENERAL, are pretty much dead...

Anyone else agree?  :)

Comments

• Is it just me, or have Blog Comments become pretty much worthless for SEO nowadays?
    it worth for me:)
    just difficult search the better blog from gsa ser nowadays.
  • When page exceeds the maximum of 50 external links for a referring page. You may be penalized for links from link farms. So yes, most blog comments are crap nowadays in my opinion.
  • @Lonzo

There is no such Google guideline. Where did you come up with that?
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Blog comments are still quite useful, and can represent a (small) but important part of any linkbuilding campaigns.

Obviously low quality blog comments with lots of OBL's have diminished value; but even these have a place. Personally, I keep these kinds of links in the far-low end of my tiers.
  • It isn't even the insane amount of OBL's that bothers me so much, it is the fact that your comment/link gets put on a totally different PAGE with a different URL than the current one...
  • Blog comments still work. Of coarse it helps to have a link pointing back to your site from relevant blogs in your niche.

What I have been doing to get quality blog comments is use relevant keywords to scrape and skip sites with say less then pr 1 and more then 150 obl.

Then enable custom mode in settings..

Now the screen pops up before submission and you can decide if you want that link from the settings you choose and you can also customize the comments however you want :)

It's like using manual poster in scrapebox.

Relevant blog comments will always be part of the ranking recipe IMO