Skip to content

More RAM or Faster Processor?

Hi,
Just going through the process of changing my VPS and would like to know which would benefit GSA SER the most, more RAM or a faster processor?

Thanks . . .

Comments

• Switch to dedicated server, a decent dual/quad core intel cpu with 6 GB of DDR3 ram dedicated server will run way better than most expensive VPS available. 
  • royserparoyserpa (URL and Domain Deduped!) GSA SER VERFIED Lists! => http://gsa-verified-list.royserpa.com/
    Go for high cpu processing power (GHz). Thats how x processes can be done in a seco d. The higher the GHz, the higher your gsa ser copy processing power will be ;)
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    @deriolb Can you suggest any good dedi server?
  • datashack.net/dedicated
    online.net
    seflow.it
    For GSA you need cpu power, not ram.
  • satyr85 have you used any of the listed below server and if yes which one becos a ready to move to another ded server right now

datashack.net/dedicated
    online.net
    seflow.it
  • CPU is more important since most servers will come with 6GB RAM anyway which is fine. When I switched to a dedicated it was because I needed more CPU.

I went with Volume drive and the 'Dedicated Package 3' with windows service installed for like $60 per month for 8  Cores and 8GB RAM. Haven't had a single problem with them. 

It takes a good couple of weeks for them to setup the server though.