Skip to content

%spinfolder% Not Working

Hi Sven

I use the %spinfolder% macro a lot for many different areas of my SER projects. However, when looking through them many contextual links are only posting the summary and not pulling the article from the macro - despite when I press 'test' or 'preview' they both work fine. It's only after the links are created, when checking the verified files that there is no article placed. I have Round 1000 of projects across lots of servers and spot checking about 50 today, there seems to be 75% not pulling the articles from the file.

I use Dropbox to hold all of the files, maybe this is the problem? I am going to move some files to the desktop of my server to see if it is Dropbox's problem.

Are there any other reasons this might occur? Could it be that the files are too deep ie. %spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Dropbox\GSA SER Set up (all files)\Domain Name\Article Body%

I want to keep using the macro as it speeds things up hugely.

Any help would be great before I have to go through and change all of my projects....which I don't want to do.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The deep of the path should be no issue. More a file access issue is the only thing I can think about.
  • Thanks Sven, just to clarify that %spinfolder% would spin any txt file in the above path? I have probably 150 txt files in each end folder.

(I know it should do this as it has been working perfectly for at least 10 months this way)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    should work the same way as always.