Skip to content

100% Nofollow with WAC or SER

Is there a way to build 100% nofllow links within WAC or SER? I know you can do it on Kontent Machine, but I can't figure it out in WAC. 

Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You can use the project option to skip creating links with dofollow.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    I think you should be able to do this:

<a href="%url%" rel="nofollow">%anchor_text%</a>

You just need to make sure that you add the rel= tag to your links in your articles.
  • @Sven, I tried to set all links to nofollow in the project options (Article Manager>Insert HTML Variations>Make it Nofollow - 100%) then unchecked all properties that don't allow HTML, but I still have been getting Dofollow links. I was trying to avoid skipping all Dofollow properties because that would really limit me. I'd rather use the properties and insert nofollow tags.

@Trevor_Bandura, That is what I would like to know how to do. Is there a way to enter <a href="%url%" rel="nofollow">%LINK%</a> into GSA or WAC?
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited November 2014
    @BradM Just replace the link place holders in your articles that are created with WAC. I think WAC places %LINK%, so use notepad++ or something and do a find and replace.

Replace those link place holders with:

<a href="%url%" rel="nofollow">%anchor_text%</a>

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @BradM on what engine did this happen? Some engines allow html but still post your link in there own syntax. Some allow stripped down versions of html as well. Or some allow html only by converting that to BBCode.