Skip to content

Comments

• SSD is way better, I have one from solidseovps and it is awesome.
  • :) okay sounds good which plan do u have?
  • I have the Screamin, it is not an overstatment.
  • xeroxiasxeroxias United States
    take the SSD. you would see significant reading difference between a traditional HDD vs SSD
  • SSD will not improve your LpM, if that's what are you considered about, LpM can be boost by using high end RAM and CPU which have great performances in single core operations, SSD will improve your server booting time, starting up the programs, opening the files and overall daily usage, but it will not affect SER.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited November 2014
    dariobl

"SSD will improve your server booting time, starting up the programs, opening the files and overall daily usage, but it will not affect SER" are you really sure of that ? :)
  • xeroxiasxeroxias United States
    Kaine 

dariobl) is right! you wont see any Lpm/Vpm difference in SER for having a SDD vs traditional HDD!

SSD has higher reading/writing speed, which will help booting OS faster, opening / reading file faster. it just makes the overall experience more efficient.
  • bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    Go for the SSD if you have many projects and a lot of articles inside
  • @Kaine

I am, i have / had servers with HDD and SSDs, no difference in GSA SER speed, at last nothing major, maybe few links per minute, but i doubt it's that much either. You need fast RAM and powerful CPU in single core operations, HDD is not too much important. 
  • edited November 2014
    But what about when you use spinfile and spinfolder macro with decent amount of content, did you tried that way, Dariobl? It should theoretically be more efficient with faster disk, because its those two and related macro that put your content from SER and RAM to the disk.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited November 2014
    I think like Nikodim, don't forget Ser is installed on more speed drive too ... if you not use many thread is surely the same but if you want maximise i think ssd or ramdisk (i have that) make difference.

Personnaly i use spinfile and spinfolder with more of 50 000 files ... windows make long time for refresh content in this folder.