Skip to content

GSA Email Bug : It changing passwords alone

JameseoJameseo Trafic organique
Hello

Strange bug on GSA. Within a new project, I import an email list from file, then I test it, i remove what failed and start the project with the clean email list.

But then it appears this error in the Important message box : E-mail loging Error for - miemail@email.com: -ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorect username or password.

The bug is that, when i go to check again the email list within the project I see that for some E-mails, GSA is modifying the original password, by another one with strange characters. Please can you fix that ? Thank you

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well we had this issue before but I thought it was fixed. Can you reproduce this in any way? If so, please send me the file of emails and the setps you click to reproduce it so I can debug things.
  • JameseoJameseo Trafic organique
    Hi sven,

I think I can reproduce that issue, I will give you more details on next project. For the moment I can send to you the original email list. Here under some informations that maybe can help

To be honnest, at the begining, when GSA was warning me for wrong passwords, I was not caring a lot about it... I thought the email was simply banned, and as it was happening only for 3 or 4 email within a list of 80, It was not a big problem.

After that, i started to face a lot of problems in getting verified links, so I started to "analyse" everything, captchas resolving, proxies, email verification, and caring a lot more about warning messages.

When i recieve a warning for wrong email password, I click on edit project, then email, then I identifiy the targetted email in the list and i click on show password. Is in that way that I noticed the issue.

You have also to know that at the begining I was importing email list from file, but for some new projects I started to duplicate project datas to don't have to fill everything anotther time. May be it's in the project duplication process that it's hapening I m not sure. Now I will send you, the original email list.
  • I have this today. I loaded fresh emails from clipboard into fresh project. Now 1 email has this error
  • DonDon
    edited November 2014
    2014-11-10 11:42: E-Mail login error for *********64@nokiamail.com: -ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password. They were all testing ok earlier
    well check the password...is it somehow corrupt?
  • @sven Yes it's showing this as password:
    rïÄí©
    exactly the same issue that I have faced
    Hi,

Nos I have more information on this wrong password issue (note that this is happened also with the last version of GSA Ser)

1) Let say we have a project A with a list of emails (all passwords are correct)
    2) We duplicate project A (only data) and we name the new duplicated project "Project B"
    3) Checking the email list of project B, some passwords are wrong (verry few of them only). It looks like an encoding issue.

The same enconding issue seems to hapen also with anchor text, some anchors are modified and changed to something like this => "rïÄí©"
  • magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
    Yeah, there are quite a lot of these auth. errors - confirmed here as well.
    In fact I bought a 2-tiered structure template with 40 NEW emails included
    - Also fails to verify quite often.

On top of that, I run with 10 threads active - Despite the fact 100 are enabled.
    40 Private proxies tested and working + dozens of public also confirmed working.

What the hell is going on? The last few updates have made the performance significantly bad!

Obvious there must be some flaws with the thread-pool...Also did you make some new tests on thread locks and synchronization SVEN?
    @magically read the changelog....not really much changed on the way SER works...especially not with threads/locks or alike.
    Yep, I did run through it:

9.21 - fix: blogspot posting was broken
          - fix: bug in imagedecoders ballance check
          - new: improved forum engines
     9.20 - fix: some issues in shorten articles (paragraph was broken)
          - fix: ZenDesk engine fixed
     9.19 - new: improved some log messages
          - new: improved script engine
          - fix: bug in redirect-type engines
          - fix: bug in file/url macro usage
          - new: some engines improved
     9.18 - fix: minor issue on macro usage
          - fix: bug with sending URLs to GSA URL Redirect PRO
     9.17 - new: improved captcha handling
          - fix: another issue in locks from solid proxies api
     9.16 - fix: minor issue in solidproxies api
          - fix: issue with starting URL Redirect PRO indexing
     9.15 - new: some engines improved
          - new: link placement improved
          - fix: redirect type links have been saved in verified list when they should
                 have been saved in another list
          - fix: some fixes on solidproxies api
          - fix: GSA URL Redirect PRO was auto started when it should not
     9.14 - new: added GSA URL Redirect PRO as an indexing service

Well all I can see is that the amount of active working threads are really lowered.
    I did check the 40 private proxies as well as the public proxies, in GSA as well as with a second tool.
    And naturally there is a lock on the email checking - I mean nothing changed there?
    Somehow some threads are allowed to modify the password, else this wouldn't happen I imagine. Is this an isolated thread pool running on a timer? If a sentinel is flagged and timer is triggered, mail is checked?
    Nice - Here is something new as well:

2014-11-13 14:25: Captcha Tronix Error: undefined error message (probably down)

emails are checked in intervals. During checking, sometimes new submission threads are started but not always as paring most of the data takes a lot resources anyway.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    I noticed this happening when I save a project and have the password showing for emails.

That's the only time I get those errors with the passwords changing..

@magically That happens if SER does not receive a response back from captchtronics I think. I get those sometimes. Don't think it's really anything to worry about unless those messages are constantly showing up after you clear all the error messages.

I only get those messages a few times per day. Nothing to make me concirned about though.
    @Trevor_Bandura

This could be the reason of email passwords issues. I will try to hide passwords and look if it changes something...

Unfortunately I had too much error of this kind with GSA that made the projects harder to do (for me). I had stop to use it for a while, but you guys do you still face these kind of issues ?
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @Jameseo I have not seen this happening in a while now, so i'm sure that Sven fixed it.