Skip to content

Parsing 35K Emails? IS this a bottle neck?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hey All...

Just thought to ask this as it is worrying me to see 35K emails that are sitting there.

This is a catch all email setup and I am wondering how often you should stop everything and delete everything in the box and if you do that does it help any or not?

Thanks
NR

Comments

• * i should note that "Delete Message When Verification Link Was Found" is checked in all my campaigns also.
  • I am wondering the same thing.  I have over 100k in my catchall
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Use a cronjob. You will find details on the thread about how to setup a catchall. Will solve this issue for you. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    from time to time you should delte some emails indeed.
    next version has an option to delete email messages if older than X days.
  • Thanks everyone for your answers... Sven, I look forward to the next version.

I suppose that setting will be on the email tab.

thanks NR
    Yes I added it there.
  • Thanks Sven, I just found it :) very appreciated!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited January 2013
    1) So using this new feature, we no longer need to use a cronjob if using a catchall right?
    2) Will it also delete the spam emails that you get from all these sites that are not registered links? I.e. after 3 months, many of these sites send updates/digests. Will it also delete these emails that are older than x days?
    yes
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited January 2013
    @Sven - You're a champ! That is such a timesaver!!! Was about to have to setup a whole lot of cronjobs and now I don't....I think I'll rather get a cup of coffee!