Skip to content

Difference between HTML Timeout and Proxy Custom Timeout

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Now that I'm "refining" my settings more accurately, I am curious to know what the difference is between the HTML timeout found in General Options and the Timeout field found within the proxies > options settings.

I've searched the manual and forums for an answer and there is no definitive one between these two options. If I had to take a guess, I would think that the HTML Timeout is dedicated to page load times with no proxies, while the Timeout field within proxy settings is the exact same settings, just with proxies.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

I always understood the html timeout to be the time it takes for the targeted server to reply, regardless of whether you use proxies or not. That number should be adjusted upward the more threads you use.

The proxy timeout is simply to weed out slow proxies, just like scrapebox.

• edited January 2013
    Ahhh...so the proxy timeout will "uncheck" a proxy if it goes past the timeout limit set if you have the checkbox "Automatically disable bad proxies on use" ticked.

Hopefully someone (cough Sven cough) can confirm this 100%.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

The timeout on the proxy is used for testing.

If the test was not successful (the entered string was not found on the downloaded URL through proxy) within that time it will tag the proxy as not working. So enter a very low number to only get the fastest proxies here. That value has nothing to do with the submission at all...just for testing.

• Ok great....so exactly as I mentioned above. Thanks!