Skip to content

Building Tier 1 by hand

Right, Im going to bite the bullet and build my own tier 1 properties. The advantages are plain to see:

1/ I will have full control over them
2/ they will never get deleted
3/ I can delete them if needed

I have a few questions though:

1/ Do I really need to buy my own domains for them as I was just going to use blogging platforms.
2/I will build 20 properties over a mix of Tumblr, Wordpress, Webs, Blogger and Weebly. Is this enough of a mix to avoid a footprint?
3/If you recommend buying domains do I get aged or fresh?

Looking forward to views from anyone  
:D

Comments

• Hand built tier one domains are pretty much mini-sites? I do this by making them exactly the same as affiliates so, no footprint, follow standard PBN rules. Aged domains will rank, so will new ones but not for a while and its hard to create a natural footprint without effort. FCS networker is good for growing footprint, I recommend that, so build tier one minisites and fcs networker tier onto them and then GSA SER onto the FCS properties.

My number 1 recommendation when entering into a project requiring this much effort would be to plan it exactly before you begin and follow that plan so you do not get lost and actually know what is going on, these networks get confusing quickly.

Good luck.
  • bellathecat78bellathecat78 Cardiff, Wales
    Thanks very much for this! Its going to hard work but will hopefully pay off  :)>-
  • I am doing this more and more, although mainly building out PBN links on aged quality domains.

Things just work slower these days so just be prepared to wait.  Also, I would not just build out web 2.0 properties as I think that they will only get you so far.  If done by hand with a good few pages and ok content they will be a lot stronger than they normal crap put up by automation.

I have been thinking of adding these to my mix for a while but will probably pay someone to do them as most of my time is spent setting up PBN properties.

I do recommend buying aged domains to add into the mix and get more authority, you can do this cheaper than a lot of people think.  You can do this with brand new domains too, although you will need to build up the link profile of them and for this reason they will have lesser immediate impact and will only get better over a longer period of time. 

I prefer aged domains with good quality links to them for their power and quicker impact, but this is all down to preference.
    @flembot Can you recommend how I would buy an aged domain in the travel niche? I am looking for domains with a PR of say 3. 

Thanks!
  • bellathecat78 it is tough for something so specific really.  You would need to keep a look out on the auction sites to find something.  Saying that, 1 domain to link to your main domain will not do a lot for your rankings, you need multiple domains for a network (that is what you're talking about I assume?).

Depending on your budget you should try to get some domains (at least 10) and start to build out a PBN, make it niche relevant and then drop in some links.  There is a lot of things to do so you protect the network but if done right rankings will come a lot easier and stronger for you.
    Sound advice. I'd better get started! 

Cheers for your help 
    ^:)^
  • @bellathecat78

PR means nothing nowadays, Google dropped updating it last year and now it's just a small part of a ranking factors google consider, rather than that, keep an eye of DA and PA ( check them here for free : http://99webtools.com/page-authority-domain-authority-checker.php and check trust flow and citation flow here : http://majesticseo.com , the higher numbers are, that better. Besides that, also make sure you check amount and quality of backlinks, if domain have tons of backlinks ( anything over thousand or two ) is a spammed domain, your best bet would be domains with backlinks from news sites and similar high authority sites, also check amount of social signals, if it have any it would be great, but it's not the most important thing.

You can search for expired domains here : http://www.expireddomains.net , make sure that domain is still indexed on google, dropped domains can work as well, but if they have dropped more than 2-3 times it's not worth anything right now. 

To check when was the domain first registered and/or how many times have dropped, check it here : domaintools.com
  • @ dariobl

C'mon, as a GSA user you must know better than recommending PA and DA as metrics. In reality those Moz rankings are probably the worst metrics out there. TF is reasonable, but definitely not the be-all and end-all either. 

PR is definitely still king, but more like the one-eyed king in the land of the blind since there will be no public updates. 

Regardless, all these metrics are just a starting point. For example, I love to use bulk check for DA when I've found 100's of available domains with Xenu. Everthing under 15 gets thrown out because even 20 kitchen sink links provide more DA. 

Once I've made this quick shift, I start checking the anchor ratio and backlink profile of each and every remaining domain by hand. This is the only correct way to pick expired domains for your PBN.