Skip to content

When you duplicate a project does it re submit to website that it submitted on the project you dupe

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hello

Just wondering as i duplicate projects and just update the url list? Will these duplicates post to websites that i have already posted to on the project i duplicated from?

Thank you!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    just the project itself is duplicated, nothing else like the histoy, cache or accounts.
  • great thank you!
  • edited January 2013
    @Sven- oh wow....I was always under the impression that the URL/Cache and History was copied over as well when duplicated. You even mentioned this before on other threads, unless this is something you corrected within an update.

@content32- for the time being, just to be sure, make sure you delete URL Cache and URL History of the duplicated projects only.
  • hmnn I thought that when you duplicate the history and cache is clean
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I also thought it copied the cache and history, that's why when you duplicate a project it asks you to clear these! Unless it's been removed in an update?
  • wew

I`m not the only person thinking about the duplicated cache and history from a duplicated projects.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@grafx77 I know people always thought it would be like that but I never said a duplicate project would have cuplicated anything else than pure project data and options.

It was like that from the beginning. The note you get about clearing the URLs is for the URLs in the project that you are about to promote/submit. People always seem to forget that duplicating a project + adding a new URL also holds the URLs in the box from the previous project. Thats all I changed in one update to let people know to clear that box before adding a new URL.

• Ok great, then it's settled. ;-) No more clearing history/cache after duplicating. I know others, on top of the ones above, were confused by this as well. I have read many threads here where it was stated to clear the url cache/history when duplicating a project. Thanks for the clarification!