Skip to content

Need to clear something

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hey,

Can someone please tell me while i have 4-5 projects active and i import more target sites, once sites are imported and verified will active campaigns start using the new lists or do i need to do some modification to enable that?

cheers..

Comments

• I hope I understand you clearly.  Either way here we go.  You must have site lists checked under advanced settings ie save identified sites to etc etc.  I believe most people check all four.  Moreover in you individual project options you need to have use global site list if enable (which is what you are doing in the previous step).  So to use the global lists ( the lists under advanced settings) you don't need any other modifications.  
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    If your project is active, it will finish the current loaded set (I think it picks around 150 URL's at a time), then it will include the new lists you have loaded, picking groups of 150 from these. When lists are exhausted, it will then use the SE's if you have selected some SE's. 

OR it will use global lists, if you have enabled the "Use Global Site Lists Option"
  • Thanks for answering, now everything is clear to me! :D
  • edited January 2013
    Also note that you can always Right click your project > select Show URLs > Show left Targeted URLs to see how many of your imported urls are left for SER to run through. If you don't want SER to start parsing URLs within the SEs, then just keep an eye out on your list from there.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @grafx77 - Hmm....don't you think it would also be useful to view this piece of data in a column so you can scan over the projects and see which need some more URL's? Would make it easier to identify projects that also need attention. 
  • Just checked few projects and the number of links left to submit was between 50 and 140, but I imported thousands of websites all scraped with scrapebox. Is GSA taking a specific number of urls from the identified lists?
  • Is GSA taking a specific number of urls from the identified lists for each run?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it takes so many links from it till all threads are busy.
  • thanks Sven :)