Skip to content

SER Doesn't Release Threads, All Activity Stops

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
Hey @Sven, I have this problem on two dedicated servers, two different hosts. None of my other servers have the problem, only these two. I tried reinstalling the OS. I have been having this problem since about 9.11-9.13, not sure exactly when, but I've been hoping each update would fix it.

I run the scheduler on one server and after 30 minutes it's supposed to switch. This server has 3 active threads, but nothing has happened in the last 37 minutes.

The other server does not run the scheduler and seems to run for 30-120 minutes before the same problem occurs. The threads drop to between 1-5 and then just sits there.

I've tried testing with different campaigns, different numbers of threads, lowered CPU and RAM usage, nothing else running on the servers.

Let me know if you need me to send you logs, backups or whatever and I'll get them over to you.

Thanks!

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Oh, and trying to quit doesn't work, I have to quit and restart through the task manager.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    in situations like that you should click on HELP->Send Bugreport.
    Alright, you should have some bug reports in a few minutes. Do I need to let you know when I send them or what they're regarding?
    just put this url as reference so i know whats it all about
    Alright, will do. I just sent one with a comment: Threads not releasing.

I'll put in this URL next time.
    @Sven I submitted two or three. Let me know if you need more. I'll stop submitting them unless I hear different from you.
    OK had a look at the bugreports. It's a https url that is not downloaded correctly. The software uses openssl. Maybe try to update that one or have a look in firewall settings to see why this is blocked. Maybe because of that SSLv3 issue it is no longer allowed in your firewall/antivirus?
    Hey @Sven, I don't run any antivirus or firewalls on my servers. What else could it be? Obviously it could be something from the dedicated server host, but it happens on two different hosts and doesn't happen on a third host.

What can I check?
    delete the openssl libs in the installation folder and try to install an update from here.
    @Sven could it be the difference between Server 2008 and Server 2012? These are two servers running 2008, most of mine (not all) are running 2012.
    Shouldn't be an issue but I don't know really. The issue is within the openssl calls when downloading https://* sites.
    Just as a followup, I had to cancel those two servers and replace them with new servers.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited October 2014
    @Brandon you have tested with new library ssl ?

Change server surely no fix your problem.

@Sven Light version is good ?
    yes of course.
  • i run in server 2k8 without any issue may be its bcoz 2012 server or something is it sorted brandon ?
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited October 2014
    @Sven thank you

@Spamvilla normally Os no make problem because Ser don't take library of system. Look in installation directory: libssl32.dll

And change with that (v1.0.1j Light) :

@Spamvilla @Kaine no change, those servers which previously worked for about a year were not able to be salvaged. I canceled them, added new servers (same OS) and they worked. I began to try the new SSL library @Sven suggested but it was more complex than I cared to deal with.