Skip to content

Edit Single option - pop 3 - not working as expected

royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
edited October 2014 in Bugs
I recently had a problem where i discovered that the pop3 server i used in about 10 of projects was wrong.
Each project contained 50 email accounts so total 500 email accounts

Fixing it one by one would have been a full days work, so instead i tried and highlight all the projects with the problem, and then selected:
MODIFY PROJECT \ EDIT SINGLE OPTION FOR ALL \ POP 3 SERVER

I typed in what the pop 3 server should be, it worked and came back saying the 10 projects were changed.
The problem however is that it did not change ALL the pop3 servers for each email in a project, instead it only changed the very first email account and left all the rest unchanged.
My expectation was it will change ALL pop 3 servers of ALL emails in the selected projects.

Maybe this is something @sven can take a look at.

I managed to fix the problem by opening from projects folder all the .prj files of the projects i needed to fix, and then did a bulk search end replace in Notepad++

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The email account for 1st email is always saved in [options] where the other data is stored in section [email accounts]. I did that for compatibility reason. The [email accounts] is not editable by that option.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @Sven

OK understood, but it is then pretty useless having the emails option there in Edit Single Option for multiple projects if it will only edit the 1st email. I cant imagine anyone running GSA Ser on only one email.

Would it not be better to then completely remove those options which can  edit as expected as it might lead to more confusion for others further down the line.

---

But its not a problem really for me, as i now know to just bulk edit the PRJ files in Notepad++

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well that combobox you see with all the options is created dynamically with everything SER finds in *.prj files.