Skip to content

END of Pagerank

now that already says that google never again you will update the PR of sites. As we will now have a minimum quality.

OBL is useful, AT LEAT also is useful, but a measure of popularity even as the MOZ.

@Sven you have thought about this, not working more at PR and give an alternative to know the quality of a page, or that itdoes not have mallware etc...

In a few months the operation of PR will be useless if all new pages are not updated, should be an alternative method to thePR and I proposeAdd MOZ by API for those who wish to pay, it seems to me a good idea, or any other idea you may have@Sven

Comments

• My suggestion is just that we can pay subscription for moz and use this in tool. 
    If we all pay for that then there would not be more than 2$ per month from each. If that is possible
  • PR has been useless for a while now, and Moz metrics are also pretty useless as well - why not just filter your lists before you load them into SER with majestic (although it's not perfect either, but probably your best bet at the moment)?
  • Yo  también  raspo  listas  con  Gscraper ,  y  filtrar  a ,  pero  si  el  PR  ya  no  funciona ,  no habrá  que tiene  otra  calidadmedir  más  o  menos .  Y  como  el  programa  que  publicar  y  poner  enlaces  es ,  como  GSA  tendrá  que  encontrar  una  manera  de  incluir  cualquier  alternativa .

Yo  trabajo  en  grandes  proyectos ,  algunos  de  más  de  una  década  y  vivo  que ,  yo  hago no  micro  nichos  o  filiales ,  así  si  miro  la  calidadde  mis  enlaces  en  el  primer  nivel  al  menos .

Yo  cuestiono  que  PR  fracaso  para  actualizar  tendrá  que  buscar  para  alternativa ,  MOZ  parece  caro  , pero  yo  veo  que  casi  necesaria ,pero  yo  creo  que  sería  muy  lento.  Yo  sólo  comenté  Ideas
  • porlapatria I think you missed language :D
  • RuFFCuTRuFFCuT UK
    edited October 2014
    @2Take2 Why do you think that Moz metrics are useless? They match up pretty closely with Google's PR so it's a viable replacement to it. PR has been valuable in the past to quickly determine the link popularity of a site and it worked well, the only reason PR is useless now is because it's not updated.

• Moz + Majestic are good indicators IMHO, of course they being paid is troublesome.

• Hi @RuffCut, IMO the problem with Moz metrics is that they're very easily inflated with spam.

If you were to then couple that with the fact that every SER user out there would be hammering the sites with a ton of spam, it could make the problem of using it as a metric in SER even worse?

Trust me, I've got plenty of DA40+ / PA50 , MR5, TR4+ sites, and you definitely don't want a link from any of them. :D

WRT toolbar PR I agree, although not perfect it was valuable in the past as a quick way to get a measure of the site you were looking to get a link from, and I agree that it's useless now for the reasons you said (and has been for quite some time, which is actually what I was suggesting anyway). :)
  • Old domain without tons of drops and links from huge legitimate sites ( news, press, directories etc ) are high quality domains, period. Plus if domain have a lot of indexed URLs then it is really good quality, everything else is irrelevant as long as it can be boosted with spam.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited October 2014
    @2Take2 hit the nail on the head. PA/DA is worthless. Any site you fire spam at will automatically increase PA/DA. I have domains in the PA50's / DA60's that are deindexed    =))

The best way to assess the 'worthiness' of any domain is to look at their backlinks. I don't even need to know the PR to understand whether a domain is valuable or not. I just need to look at its backlinks.

Edit: I forgot to add one thing. If given the choice over PA/DA and PR, I would take PR any day. But that is a relative comment based on the lesser of two evils.
  • how bout there is a provision to add Majestic API in SER and get TF for the sites ?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited October 2014
    I can't imagine Sven or any other developer tying into a cost like this, and then have 10,000 users hitting up that API with unlimited backlinks. That would even blow out their highest plan:

Unless of course he developed a slot for your API for your own use, and then you buy a smaller plan? Not sure how all of that would work. I wouldn't mind that. The smallest plan is $49.99/mth for 5 million links.
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    PA/DA is not useless guys, however it needs to be tied with another metric; Majestic Trustflow.

If you have solid Majestic trustflow, AND solid PA/DA the domain is solid.

Messier than using PR, yes, but thats the future folks.

Sadly Moz's own trust-metric is not reliable, so you have to tie Majestic together with Moz.
  • PA / DA can not replace PR as they are easy to manipulate with some spammy links. 

Trust flow is the most powerful metric as it represents a metric that comes from authority links to a given URL. The new Majestic CF / TF ratio is a good metric to quickly select the quality of a domain. Cheers. Dan

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    +1 That's absolutely true. The ratio between TF and CF is the best measure of a domain.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited October 2014
    ^^I agree with the above 3 comments.

What kills me is all these people selling snake oil PBN's - and they tout PA/DA - in a vacuum. That is a horrible measure if you use that as the only metric. It is far better with TF.

I like the metric TF-CF. One of the things I have seen is some sites can have a very high TF with a fairly big gap downward with CF. I don't mind a big negative gap where CF is a lot lower than TF. But in the other direction, where CF is a lot larger than TF, then that is a serious issue.  
  • donaldbeckdonaldbeck Advanced SER Videos -> http://bit.ly/1ySrbwu | Learn SER For Free Step By Step -> http://sertips.com
    *pours one out for pagerank*
  • For me I think pr is a bit valuable but not updated enough. I use pa-da but I take into conisdertion that it goes up pretty quickly and measures links picked up quickly like ron said you can have high metric with site not indexed. I use majestic metrics as well tf-cf ... With those metrics in place and adding up I like to head over to ahrefs and look at the like profile if that looks good I will add to my list. I like having moz bar still. Also has anyone used semrush since it looks updated i never used to like the way it displayed info but I checked last night and it seemed better but they want an arm and a leg for service..

If you had to pick just one for your research what would it be ? ? ? ? ?

1.Moz?

2.Ahrefs?

3.Majestic?

4.SEMRush?

Just curious what the community thinks... I tend to tend to like the free part of majestic and some ahrefs w/moz bar but only becuz it's more affordable that way...

Don't like the way moz info is displayed at site.. ahrefs I always liked ... majestic ok and havent really played with semrush to much how about you?

How do you get the info you need for your gsa campaigns quickly and affordably?

• As above, the gap between CF and TF is the defining factor (at the moment). One of my sites hit by Pengy 3.0 now has a CF of 45 and a TF of......wait for it.......0 from 43. Needless to say, the rankings went south.
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    @JudderMan so Majestic is directly connected to Google? ..or Majestic is refreshing TF every minute according to Google rankings? no other logical explanation
  • Much debate has been generated.

Moz is fine but this is too expensive.

It is not a matter of using the best metrics, but if some simple sacadas of free sites, what about some ofALEXA + free majestic data or something similar.

Moz is incredibly expensive and those who use this type of campaigns always have a margin of error broad,so that should not be an expensive system data.

IMHO alexa + something else, would be the minimum to be able to evaluate a domain. The age of a domaindo not say anything, but some sites give free values, not is until point is you may request data via API butMOZ is not possible due to its price.

Not looking for exact science, since anyone know google's algorithm, but if some data more to pass the PRand concentrate on other data more up-to-date.
  • If I had only one metric to choose I would take Majestic Trust ratio!
    CF / TF ratio: as it gives a real picture of the trust of a domain. While CF counts just the links (same as PR), TF is actually a reliable metric as Majestic uses human SEO experts to judge the trust of a site.
    Looking on the ratio between CF and TF one can very quickly filter out low quality and spammy domains before analyzing them by hand.
    Cheers
    Dan
  • A tool like this GSA is not much use if I can not somehow measure quality. That way I'll make tier 1 , tier 2, tier 3 , in what quality I look ? This is an issue that should resolve soon GSA because it seems silly , but it's really serious
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Majestic all the way. Everything you need is there. I would like to have some ahrefs features for sure, but not necessary.
  • Majestic is the only tool as far as I am concerned. @Ron hit in on the head. You can spam your way to high PA/DA.

If I had to pick a single metric, it would be the split between CF and TF. Low TF and High CF=Spammy.

• How about rankings.. What is your favorite desktop application to monitor your rankings? What is your favorite cloud service?

For me I know everyone uses serpbook I have been using serpcloud its similiar But I love gsa ser new features to monitor you rankings right from the project window :)

For desktop {I like to keep things backed up who knows I have lost things in the cloud before} I have been using ezee rank tracker. It has the same arrows monitors youtube/google.... social from 7 or 11 platforms I forget exact.. sends reports updated a lot has overview to check all keys quickly and recently you can upload the monthly searches which is nice.

• ronron SERLists.com
    I'm using ProRankTracker and like it because it covers all three search engines. It only goes to 100, so that is the downside (but most seem to stop there anyway). I can tell you for a fact that with everyone I have tried (I have tried most), each one is lacking something. So you end up choosing the one that covers most of what you really want.
  • I switched from Majestic a few months ago to ahrefs (needed to see more of my competitors backlinks) but it seems I am going to need to switch back. I have noticed the Url rank and Domain rank in ahrefs is like that of Moz PA/DA spammy links seem to increase it like gang busters lately.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @justAIMe - You kind of hit it on the head there. I personally like the way ahrefs lays out much better, and certain things like 301's, but their page/domain ranking system is as flawed as moz. Not a metric that means anything standing alone by itself. Completely useless in a vacuum without other metrics.
  • 1000 in google and 300 in youtube thats another reason i like it for desktop In high comp stuff it tracks from day one you know where it is as soon as it hits the map. . .

Ron I responded to an email about your list I was getting an error but I know now it was do to my internet connection I believe.. When do you release some more?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    About one week or so.