Skip to content

Moneysite Safe nofollow links

My moneysite link profile has way too many dofollow links and not enough nofollow. I'd think 50/50 would be a good ratio. Any ideas how to use GSA in a safe way for my money site to fix the ratio?

Comments

• bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    I usually seperate it into 2 projects dofollow/nofollow to have better control over it.
  • As above, If you want maximum control then you would probably need to build separate projects for each, although you don't need to, as you could just set the engines that you use to give you roughly the right amount. It really depends on how granular you want to be.

Just out of interest, what makes you think that 50/50 would be a good ratio? I would have thought something like 80/20 would be better?

That said, It really varies by niche, so have a look at the top players in the serps you're targeting and set your ratios accordingly.
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Seconded on the 80/20 remark @2take2.
  • To be honest I pulled the 50/50 thing out of my ass. Thanks for the 80/20. I'm assuming thats 80% do-follow and 20% no-follow?
  • @bokeboke, no worries, you're welcome, and yes I meant 20% tagged with the rel="nofollow" html attribute.

However, as I said before, that isn't really set in stone, so just look at the industry norm in the top of the serps that you're targeting and imitate that.

At the end of the day, it can vary, but google always tells you what it likes for each niche by the sites that it ranks at the top (although you do sometimes need to bear in mind that they could be masking some of their links from the backlink checking tools in various ways).

The same can be said for anchor text ratios - I see anywhere from 1% - 40% exact match, depending on the particular niche.....