Skip to content

Imported 240k unique domains, got only 435 verified links :/

Hi,
I did a masive scrape in scrapebox, removed duplicate domains and imported 240.000 list into a new GSA SER project. About 12 hours later when SER went through all of the URLs, I got only 435 verified links. Isn't this too low??

Settings used:
-SolidSeoVps and 110 semi-dedicated proxies from 3 different providers
-GSA captcha breaker and DeathByCaptcha and a second service(spent 13000 captchas)
-Engines: all except Exploit and URL Shortener
-no filters
-Content: auto-spinned from Kontent Machine
-8 Yahoo emails

Comments

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Depends on your footprints Ptr; a very low success rate is not uncommon for targeted scrapes. Though that is a particulary awful set of results. You sure you removed duplicate domains and not duplicate urls? 240k UD is a pretty impressive result for a single scrapebox scrape.
  • yes, I have removed duplicate domains. it wasn't a single scrape, I have scraped for a couple of days, then merged the files and removed dup domains
  • Depends what were you scrapping, if you have scrapped sites which GSA can't post on, then you have a problem, if you are looking for a mass spam list, then scrape only guestbooks and image comments, you can find tons of them easily and GSA can post on most of them. 
  • penumbrapenumbra Antarctica
    U better use footprints in gsa ser when scraping not custom ones
  • Actually, I have used GSA SER footprints for the engines below(articles, social networks and wikis; contextual dofollow only) which give higher quality links, so that might cause the low success rate I guess...

Article Script
    BuddyPress
    Drupal - Blog
    Moodle
    PHPMotion
    UCenter
    vBulletin - Blog
    Wordpress Article
    XpressEngine
    Chameleon
    Dolphin
    Elgg
    PeoplePods
    PHPFox
    SocialEngine
    vldPersonals
    Wordpress.com
    DokuWiki
    WikkaWiki

• how many projects you have in the campaign? If it's just one numbers are bound to be low but this low is astonishing....feed us more info
  • Some inputs

1) If you are blog commenting, the exact URL is much more important than domain alone.

2) I just have a 2gb vps, with 10 private semi dedicated proxies. I am getting around 70lpm and I am getting around 5000 in couple of hours

3) I would start with a dummy project use any youtube or facebook page lying around and make the settings so liberal to get every single link GSA can fetch.

4) once you are comfortable with step 3 be little more restrictive and go to your desired level.

So far I am using gsa ser for 2 months and already having 20,000+ verified unique backlinks in my vps. So finding a good high PR , low outbound links url in the 200,000+ links is not going to be that hard.

Posting your settings page can narrow down the issues much faster I guess.