Skip to content

Importing target urls and show remaining target urls not the same...?

I added more target urls to some projects and I first cleared out the target url cache.  I imported around 31K target urls.  When I checked the remaining target urls it said I had a little over 5000.  So I re-deleted and re-imported the same target url list.  Same problem only the remaining target urls was around 11K.  So I deleted and re-did it again, I went back down to 6K urls.   Now when I imported, it showed how many were supposedly imported but always, always, always the remaining doesn't show it.  This is true for several other projects I did too.

What's going on and how do I fix it?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    is that file you import actually with duplicates in it? Also does it really have one URL per line and not some broken lines?
  • It may have duplicates, but I'm fairly certain it didn't.

The odd thing is adding the urls showed say, 20,000 urls but target urls remaining was say 8000.  Then I deleted them and did it again and the target remaining was never the same - often it was several thousand more yet still far less than it said was imported.

I guess it's not a huge issue but I was just wondering if this is typical or if there's something going on with the software.

Thoughts?
    when importing, it automatically dedupes. Though doing the exact steps (after clearing cache) should always show exact numbers.
  • Here's another thing to ask about...

I duplicated several projects from one project.  Except for the url to be ranked and the keywords and anchors, the projects are identical.  Importing the same target urls to all the nearly-identical projects gets different counts on the nearly-identical projects.

Any idea why that is?
    no, but if you send me the projects + file you import + exact steps, I can debug it. Right now Im a bit lost.
  • how do I send you the projects?
    check pm