Skip to content

Is GSA slowing down lately..?

Guys,

have u noticed any GSA weakliness lately? On 3 GSA I have noticed 30-50% CPU spike, the work load stays the same. The servers are maxed out. As soon as I hit 200 threads per server, it maxes out, while just a week ago was able to go 250-300 threads with same work load. I knw there might be gazzilion reasons, but open for ideas....:)

Thanks,

Comments

• Para  mi  me  ha  caído  en  picado  mi  LPM ,  nadie  puede  decir  que  si  lo que  he  desconfigurado  etc ...  He estado  un  año  de usarloy  100  proxies  semi  dedicados  (máximo  3  usuarios)

No  son  tiempos  que  incluso  con  20  proyectos  en  un  tiempo  y  con  un  máximo  de  150  hilos ,  no  no  superen  60 .  Si  yo uso  elprogramador  se ve  algo  mejor  la  LPM  , pero  tiene  nada  que  ver  con  lo que  yo tenía  dos  meses  atrás .

Algo  ha  cambiado  y  hace  más pesado  plazo  GSA
  • hm..,what was that..??? No speak Spanglish...
    :))
  • Same issue here, i'm running at dual xenon L5520 CPU @ 2.27 GHz server, in total 16 CPU cores and i'm getting 100% cpu usage at only 170-180 threads, this was not happening before on crappy VPSes and 300 threads.
  • nothing like that here...currently running 1000 threads no problem
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Yep, no issue here either. In a pickle, try splitting your desired link count between a couple of duplicate projects. This tends to keep LPM higher.

I imagine it has something to do with GSA slowing down to download emails, verify links, and load the next batch of urls to post to on a given project. By having a couple of active projects, you avoid "Everything stopping" while those clean-up processes run for a given project.

• bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    edited October 2014
    I have tested it on 2 VPSes (SSD) and my laptop where SER was the only app I ran.
    1 test project, 1st tier only contextuals, 2nd all I have, only 50 threads and proc 100% all the time, it`s hard to do anything, when I want to edit project I have to wait 5-10 seconds to open it, I have tested it on all my servers and locally on PC/Laptop, everythere the same situation. I hardly get now 10LPM.

Earlier I ran 20 projects at the same time with 300 threads and had no issues.
    It`s not a matter of download emails in my case, everything works fine, but eating up proc resources, I see no reason to make it happen cos as I said I ran 1 test project, couple of articles inside and 50 threads, it really does not matter I set 300 or 10 threads SER eat all proc resources at no reason.
  • I noticed too that the CPU usage is high, maybe there is some bug in the update. I also played around and I see that the main cause of high cpu usage are projects with contextual links, when I make this 2 projects inactive out of total 20 projects my cpu usage drops to 12% else is between 40 - 60 %.
  • bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    edited October 2014
    Is that means should we forget about contextuals in SER ? (:
    Truely I have the  same issue with no contextuals, SER just freezing for couple of seconds when I want to open any project and processor shows 100%
  • Using a VPS here and everything seems to be running fine for me
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @gold137 - To answer your question, I noticed v9.10 was running hot on the CPU. But I have also noticed that v9.11 and v9.12 (these versions are running on multiple servers) are running excellent with low CPU usage and great LPM as well.