Skip to content

Question about "OCR" and Captcha Breaker etc.

Not to sound like a total noob, but I am a bit confused with what exactly "OCR" services are/do.

I got of of the SEO game for a while, after being very successful for a few years, but now I am back.

Unfortunately, back when I was still into (highly blackhat) SEO, I only used companies like "de-captcher" to break captchas for my automated spam software :)

I have recently purchased GSA SER and Captcha Breaker.

How is Captcha breaker different than OCR? Or is CB an actual OCR program? I'm pretty confused by all of this, and I can't seem to find a lot of info about it, at least not easily.

And do I also need human captcha breaking services like de-capatcher etc. etc. even if I have GSA CB, and a OCR service or whatever?

And on top of all of that, from what I have read, deathbycaptcha now sucks... so what IS the best human service to go with nowadays? :(

Thanks for any info. Sorry for such a long & annoying question.

Comments

• BlazingSEOBlazingSEO http://blazingseollc.com/proxy
    Hey matt,

Yes CB is an OCR program. It'll solve mostly all simple captchas with VERY high success rates. Use this as your first solving service. After that you have the option to use OCRs that solve recaptchas, or use human solving. Most people prefer the OCR route because it is cheaper, but if you want the HIGHEST LPM possible obviously human solving is the best. I'm working on getting my only captcha solving service released pretty soon, but from my research DBC is still pretty solid (just expensive as hell, which is what I want to beat).

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks Bandit!

BTW, why would anyone use a different OCR program other than Captcha Breaker?

Are you saying that for Recaptchas, that CB isn't the best? If not, what is?

And "Recaptchas" are the hardest captchas to break right?

Would you say that CB is the best automated captcha breaking software OTHER than when it comes to Recaptchas?

Thanks! :)
  • Well, from what I've seen Captcha Breaker does fine against MOST of the captchas but for ReCaptcha/Solve Media you'll have to get a new second service if you want better success rate, which you can setup inside Captcha Breaker, to send the captchas directly to the service.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

All the above is correct, but CB uses more than one OCR. It uses 3 different OCRs, methods to get results by CRCs, Hashes, Masks and so on.

In the end it is combining the results and chooses the best possible match. This means that even if all methods failed to get a result, the combination of them could still be successful. This makes it better than the other software you might come across.

• Hi mattb348,

I'm a rep from DeathByCaptcha and I want to help you out. 

Please let me know your username through PM so I can add some free credits to your account so you can test our service. 

If you need a hand with anything else, please feel free to contact me!

Best Regards,