Skip to content

SOLIDSEOVPS performance 50% down!

Hello, I have ordered SolidSeoVPS about a month ago, because their servers were really fast. But the CPU performance of the VPS server, as measured by NovaBench, went down by 50%!
Is that normal? What are yours CPU scores?

Now:
CPU Tests (Score: 199)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 73252048
- Integer Operations/Second: 145520456
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 357520

At the beginning:
CPU Tests (Score: 397)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 102195840
- Integer Operations/Second: 333495720
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 882240

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Just whinge to them. I had a similar problem , they blamed some upstream provider and moved me to new server/IP.
  • ptr22

We are testing it for you and we are about to get this sorted, so no worries
  • bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    I have 4 Windows VPS-es on SolidSeo (SSD) and the truth is each of them is different "speed" I think it depends on this how much the other server users utilize whole server, I am not sure how it is technically solved on Windows VPSes (I mean how it is separated) but on Linux I was kicked off several times for over usage of the CPU (((: so maybe this is the reason some of our VPSes are slower some faster even if all of them have same specs, but it is not related only to the SolidSeo, it happens on all hostings.

But anyway SOLIDSEO is the best hosting provider I have used since years ,especially their SSD, they are very fast, and Internet connection speed is outstanding (10GBps) , I have contstant 600-800Mb/s up/down, instanely fast.

• bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    Anyway, have you checked their new offer ?
    They  just upgraded all my VPSes, their current offer is something I wait for a long time (:
  • edited October 2014
    @bestimtoolz

Thank you for your explanation, Well most people forget many reason that would have impact on the performance, the server itself could be updating at the background that would be having impact on the I/O of the server itself or in many cases we have seen it would be infected by an xml malware which is very normal with some engines recently And of course will slow them down regardless if its a vps related or not

We always suggest to have us stresstest it, this is the best way for us to read its performance and we are always glad and always want to have our clients get the best performance out of their servers, so if any issue was found our support will always back it up and we will fix it as we always do.
  • The support solved the problem and the server is fast again.

CPU Tests (Score: 467)
    - Floating Point Operations/Second: 102739460
    - Integer Operations/Second: 425284224
    - MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1121650

• @ptr22

Glad to hear all is working great for you