Skip to content

How is my first link building scheme for SER?

edited October 2014 in Other / Mixed
I'm so excited to start my first link building project in SER, but have a couple of concerns with my scheme.

I have a one-page French site with exact match domain (registered a couple of days ago) that I want to get ranked for a 90k keyword.

The competition is not that great. Mostly inner pages of old authority sites (with no good on-page SEO) are ranking on the first page.
  • Are my outgoing links and PR filters reasonable?
I can imagine that setting this too strict can slow the project down by a lot, and I would probably need to feed it a huge list of sites to find sites that match those filters.
  • Would it be better to pause by N submissions or N verifications, and why?
I'm planning on running SER and gradually increasing the link velocity and refreshing the project data monthly until I hit the first page.

Any tips for my project settings are welcome!

Comments

• edited October 2014
    I am by no means an expert on GSA, but I would never do blog comments direct to my money site, they could be full of spam anchors and have thousands of OBL on it. 
    I once put a link an a site like that and my site tanked.
    Also I saw a post from the SERlists guys and they said its ok to do dofollow/nofollow contextuals.
    But they said only to link to the first tier when the anchor is both dofollow as well as your target keyword.
    Then to have up to 2 links from your tier 2 to your target dofollow anchor.
    Theres a post on here somewhere about it.
    I don't do any secondary links just 2 tiers  and contextuals. PR3 on the first tier.
  • I think that the submissions/day are too few.
    Remember that usually the number of verified are less than 50% of the submissions. It depends on the quality and freshness of your verified list, anyway it's hard to get more than 50% verified.
  • edited October 2014
    @mooton Nice heads up.

I removed Blog Comment and Guestbook from the secondary links directly to the money site (which also got rid of the OBL filter) and kept them only on the secondary links for my T1 and T2 contextual backlinks. I've also increased the OBL filter on those to <100.

I think that you're referring to this post, right?

@peterperseo So it would be better to change all the projects to pause on every N verifications / day instead? I'm not using a verified list, but just a big list of identified URLs.
  • @sedonic

Yes, that one.
  • bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    I switched from submission to verified long time ago cos I realized after couple of weeks of my first campaigns I can hardly compense the links removal so I didn`t had any increases. I will consider in your case switch those values from submisions to verified otherways you can wait for results ages.
  • @Sedonic
    You can use the submission option (I do so), also it can be more safe than the pause when you get xx verified because if for example you are running Ser with 300 threads, after you get your target of verified can be other 299 threads that give you 150 more verified and you go completely out of your target.

I use submission, but I set the number of more the double of verified I want to get (not exactly the double, a little more).

You have to make tests and verify your percentage of verified/submitted, and later you can tune better your number. So if you want for example 10 verified url/day for your money site, set submission to  10 and later see how many verified you get (maybe 3 or 4). So the day after set submission  to 25 or 30 and watch if you get your 10 verified. If not, go up until you get your result.

If you are using a list of identified, the percentage of verified you get can be even lower.

That's what I do, good luck!
    :)
  • edited October 2014
    @Everyone Thanks for the help!

My updated scheme can be found below.

All the secondary platforms exclude the engines (of the same platform) from the tier they're building links to.