Skip to content

Saving of search results ( Identified ) when Global sitelist saving is disabled.

royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
edited October 2014 in Need Help
I have a few few questions and hope u can help me out.

I am running several VPS's and on all of them my GSA Advance settings for global list look like this:

• None of the VPS's are set to write to the Global list, they are only pulling data from it.( I did initially set all VPS's to write to the global site list which is shared on dropbox, but that caused allot of problems and ended up with additional conflict copies when vps's write to the same list at same time. So that is a no go for me)
  • My home PC  machine is the only one writing to the list. (I extract and submitted  & verified results and update on a central pc the dropbox list)
  • Identified, that is where i add all the stuff i scrape myself
  • Once a week i will go to each VPS and export all the verified links on that vps, and then on home pc will import that into Global site list verified and then just run a dedupe, that way all vps share the verified.
  • Submitted and Failed list these are used for 3rd party list services which offer daily \ weekly updated verified list. I use a sync tool to auto update my list in dropbox. that way the vps's always have updated list to post to.

In order to make use of all the list i pull in each project all the list, like so.

My request \ question for Sven:
How does each project decide which list to use when looking for targets to post to?:  Would it be possible to add a option to,  prioritize which list has higher priority ( same as the projects  ++, +, -, -- )

Question 2 - Search Engines:
If i decide to also enable search engines, where would GSA SER save the identified results, since i have disabled writing to the Identified list,  in advance settings, as can be seen in the first screenshot.
  • If writing to the list is disabled will the search engine scrape option still function?
  • Where can i get the identified results ?
  • If the list is not saved anywhere would exporting the submitted results be a substitute for Identified results.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

>How does each project decide which list to use when looking for targets to post to?: Would it be possible to add a option to, prioritize which list has higher priority ( same as the projects ++, +, -, -- )

It takes a random list and a random number of URLs from a random position in that file.

>If writing to the list is disabled will the search engine scrape option still function?

yes

>Where can i get the identified results ?

sorry I don't know what you mean with that.

>If the list is not saved anywhere would exporting the submitted results be a substitute for Identified results.

You can simply import the successful/verified URLs from projects to the site lists using the Tools popup menu.

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @Sven

Thanks for the prompt response and for clarifying on my questions.

The one u said u dont know what i mean -- What i meant was. Normally GSA Ser will save the links it find using the search option to the Global site list - Identified folder, IF the check mark is there to allow it to write to the global site list.

But if the check box is not checked for Identified Global site list, then GSA ser wont save it there ---- What i wanted to know is where does it then save it.

I think the answer to my question is that it saves it to the project target urls, but i am not sure.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    its saved in the *.success *.verify project files. if no successful submission is done, then it's just not saved.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Noted, Thanks