Skip to content

Why does SER add duplicate root domains and URLs when importing and identifying?

edited October 2014 in Need Help
I loaded a list of unique domain URLs in SER to identify and sort by platform.

When I merge the identified URLs again to try and remove duplicate domain I noticed SER added duplicate root domains and URLs.

Why is that?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry I do not understand. When importing any lists or sort in any URLs, no dupechecking is done. You can however do that afterwards.
  • edited October 2014
    @Sven What I mean is, I had a list of URLs.

I removed all duplicate domains with SB.

I imported it to identifiy and sort it by SER.

Afterwards I checked the identified results in SB, and it removed duplicates domains again while I had previously already deleted them.

Doesn't that mean that SER added new URLs upon identifying and sorting the imported list?
    well from where did you remove the duplicates? from the site lists and the file you import? After importing, you will surly have duplicates of URLs/domains who have been in the site lists before. Anyway the "Remove Duplicates" function within SER should remove things as fast as in SB, if not faster.
  • edited October 2014

I removed duplicates from within SB.

I emptied up my Identified folder before importing and sorting in SER.

Also, I would like to know if I should I import specific domain URLs or just root trimmed domains? Or it doesn't matter for SER?
    it doesn'T matter if root or not.