Skip to content

Are directories to your site a bad thing? even if a few for diversity?

so thats the question.

Are directories to your site a bad thing? even if a few for diversity? At least for tier1? also should I bother adding wikis for tier1 as well. is it ok to have a few?  I have many engines in its own project so i have control. Even for SERengines I have site web2.0s and web2.0 profiles in 2 different projects so I can keep the profiles as Secondary links and not have tiers over those.

For example I avoid usually .tk , .su , .ru ,sa sites because of the spam im hearing about them although I have a handful and removed others. not even more then 5-6 in my profile. but was just wondering.

I prob got 2 wikis , did teeny amount of social bookmarks like tumblr etc, reddit. a handful of manual blog comments and the rest of my links are just web 2.0s and article directories article sites. the web 2.0s are with Ser Engines, and articles are both done with GSA. been moving stead so far. its a month and a half to 2 months and almost on pg one. I didnt even do tier 2 yet as I will prob start tomorrow. Also Im using branding. on my link profiles. its a youtube vid. I also have adwords on for views . $5 bucks brings around 450- 500 a day views and $10 brings around 1000+. so great tip btw to get legit views and not get views from fiverr that you have know idea where they are coming from.

so what are your thoughts guys on directories? should I even bother in your opinion?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    I regard directories as junk links so I wouldn't personally be using them on T1. Directories got hit hard and devalued by G some time ago.

If you are determined to use them, I would at least filter for PR at the domain level. Or probably even better try to find ones manually that don't look spammed to death on visual inspection. I just don't think it is worth it though.
  • thx ron for letting me know. glad i dont have a trace of directories at all.  Also I view this forums all the time but never formally logged in before until now and I always see you posting stuff. so its an honor getting my 1st response from you sir! 
  • edited October 2014
    oh and one more thing Ron or anyone else, what do you think of directories? should I bother with them in your opinion as well?

• ronron SERLists.com
    @jason1985 - You are welcome my good man. I always use them on my lower tiers. If you start getting too picky about the junk links, you won't end up using anything, lol. So they are fine, and no worse than most of the others. 
  • no problem man. I  ment to say wikis. but thanks alot!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Wikis are much better. Try to use the dofollow ones.
  • dofollow wikis is kinda hard to find.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @vuli - Very true. And we scrape our asses off to find the ones we do. It's a difficult battle in the trenches, and that's no lie.
  • I dont like to use wikis, not even the dofollow ones. They die too fast. Untill they receive 50 backlinks to get some seo value to the wiki in most cases they are down. So scraping a whole day just to find xx ammount of dofollow wikis that will die in 10 days, ehm....
  • @ron thanks for that wiki info.

eLeSlash , I guess that was my concern too, at first like a month ago I tried adding a few wikis in GSA but with in the same day. It was gone lol. The subject Im ranking and promoting is on showing children how to read and phonics etc. Maybe because it was a vid? I have know Idea. But I remember GSA TAKING ALOOOONGNGGGG time to get even 1 submission.  out of like 120 I got like 2 I think. and by end of they day they both were gone. but ill try again. I only stopped because someone someone where thought it was spam. but others say its ok for a handful with after a manual look or so.    

Oh btw guys you should also remove from the article engines "remove engines that do not allow you to remove links", that hurt me so bad for this same project. even though I had "forums" unchecked where it says "backlinks to create". certain forums dont even let you remove it. theres no option. even with the account info from GSA. I forgot the engine name. Im not home but i just unchecked that engine all together. then I just did that remove engines that dont allow removal and some more came off. Also that engine was one of them. go figure. I also added "forum" "forums" on where to skip if words show on domain.  so far though on the topic though Ill take wikis over directories for now. Ill try some on the tier1 but as secondary out of the pyramid.