Skip to content

Using lists, contextuals and other random questions

Hello all, I've learned so much from this forum. I really am grateful to have so much info.

I'm running my first project, I've looked over all the different posts to get the right options clicked, private proxies, ect. I also bought a list (thanks SERlists) . I have about 20 manually crafted 1st tiers that I'm using with GSA to create a link pyramid. I've read a couple of times that contextual links are the slowest and most difficult to come by.I have my project set up along the lines of Ron's great post, with contextuals and "kitchen sink" layers. I set my project to create 10 contextual tier 2s a day. And I set it to create 20 contextual tier 3s. 

The first couple of days were great. I would hit my target links for each tier very quickly. Then the contextual tiers started slowing down. My 2nd tier is sitting at 900 and my 3rd tier is basically stuck at around 1600 links. Now my "kitchen sink" tiers are still going good. My 3rd tier "kitchen sink" is around 22,000 links. My questions are:

-As this is my first project I kinda expected my contextual tiers would have a limit (even using a list), do you all find the same to be true? To keep a good pyramid going to you need a couple of lists?

-Once I have ran a project thru my list and I get the "no targets to post to" message, should I run it again to try and get any links I missed? If so how do I run it again just hit s"stop" and then "start"?

-Would it be a good practice to use different lists for each project? Could using one list create a footprint for Google to find?

-Once you get results that you are satisfied with do you continue the project or throttle it down?

All replies much appreciated.