Skip to content

Newbie Still Unsure of a Few Things...

edited October 2014 in Need Help
I bought everything needed a few weeks ago, but have only really started to dig deep this past week. I'm unsure of the following though, so I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out. I think I must be doing something right as I set it up last night and this morning my parasite page is on page 3, but I could definitely use some pointers.

1. I'm following Ron's tiered strategy but am confused about the ratios used and the "per url" setting. Say I'm building a parasite page and am building 1,000 links to T1 a day, for T1A do I send 10,000 links a day and click the per url box? What about for the other tiers, so:

T1: 1k
T1A: 10k per url
T2: Not sure
T2A: Not sure
T3: Not sure
T3A: Not sure

I really don't get what people mean when they say 10x per url either?

2. When you set up your tiers, do you click on Active for all of them so they all run at the same time or schedule it?

3. I saw another one of Ron's posts - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/13811/serlists-tutorial-optimizing-tiered-linking-campaigns - but am not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Do the settings he used apply to every tier below T1 (T1A, T2, T2A etc.), or are there specific tiers you should only be building dofollow links to, and what about "use only urls from the following  engine types?

I'm thinking only T1A and T2 should only have the tier settings he displayed and I don't touch the others. Correct?

4. I don't understand the "Type of Backlinks to Create" setting. If I select the engines and type of links I want to build in "Where to Submit" what is the point of this setting?

5. I'm currently using a 1 million word kw list, with a new kw on each line and no commas being used to separate them. Is this spin macro correct?

%spinfile-C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\English Keywords.txt

6. For the kitchen sink is there anything to avoid, or do you just let it rip?

7. Quite possibly a stupid question, but when using a list if I uncheck all the search engines, check "use urls from global site if enabled" and "submitted" (submitted is where I have added the path to my list), will SER only use the list I added to build links?

I think that's everything. Thanks

Comments

• I've just thought of something else. I take it you want to use more than just web 2.0s in tier 1 for diversity purposes, but considering that web 2.0s will likely be higher quality links, do you primarily use your main anchor text more, or do you just keep the anchor text percentages the same for web 2.0s and throughout all tiers? If I was using a PBN then I would certainly use more exact match anchors, but for other platforms I'm not so sure.