Skip to content

New to GSA, basic questions

I have watched a bunch of GSA tutorial videos including some on here, and some by Mathew Woodward and I think I understand most of the settings but I am confused by some basic things.

1) I want to start slowly to test things out, build maybe 10 links per day to a particular URL. If I select more than one type such as Articles and Web 2.0's, how does it decide where to place those 10? Will it just do 10 articles as that's first in the list or is it random or something else? Not sure if I should be setting up different campaigns for each link type.

2) This might be a *really* stupid question but do you have to setup a separate campaign for each individual URL? I'm building some manual web 2.0's that link to my money site and I want to use GSA to boost them up. All the keywords, anchor texts etc will be the same as they are all similar so I can just duplicate the campaign. So, should I duplicate the campaign for each of these or is there some setting somewhere that lets you send it to multiple URL's?

3) Related to question #2, the URL field in the data tab has a check box under it for "use a random URL" or else its in sequence. Does this allow me to do what I wanted in question #2 and use that campaign on a whole bunch of URL's or is this just a way of varying the text of the URL, ie www or not, trailing slashes and so on? 

4) How many email accounts should I need for say 10, or 100, or 1000 submissions? I bought 300 from Fiverr and they seemed fine. I did a small run with just 12 submissions but the next day none of them worked. Is that normal? Should I just create fresh accounts daily?

Many thanks!

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    1) If you select multiple platforms it might build links to one platform for a little while then switch to the other, etc. You won't get a perfect amount of links from x platform, then same amount from another, etc. If you want more control over the platforms you can separate them into multiple projects. 

2) You can import multiple URLS by clicking the "edit" button next to the URL field. You can then import URL's from a .txt file (one per line) or use the "add url" button to add them manually.

3) That option is used for your imported domains. It's saying do you want it to take a random URL from your list of imported domains or use them in sequence one after the other. By imported domains I mean your domains you're going to build links to with SER.

4) I usually buy emails in batches of 1,000. I use MailRU and Yahoo accounts. For some projects I'll throw 3-5 emails in them and others I might drop in 10 or more. Just depends on if I'm going to be creating multiple accounts on the same sites. Some email account providers are lower quality than others so you might have dead accounts faster. 
  • Thanks very much for the answers. What I want to clarify with the URL's is, lets say I set a campaign to do 10 submissions per day, if I put in say 5 URL's, is it going to spread those 10 submissions across the 5 URL's, or will it do the 10 submissions to each of the 5 URL's in the list?
    @cmiddlebrook - It will be more random. Each URL won't get a perfect 10 submissions each. 
  • Got it, thanks very much!
  • @s4n0s thanks much!  

No problem. :)